Thursday 1 March 2018

Review: Katee Robert's "Make Me Want."


Synopsis: 

“I want everything.”

She’s taking control. And it’s driving him wild!

Lucy Baudin’s ex did a number on her self-esteem, but it’s time for her to regain control. In her job as a lawyer she’s bold, confident. But in the bedroom she needs inspiration to reawaken her inner seductress. Asking her friend Gideon Novak for help seems wrong…yet so deliciously right! 





Review: Jo 

As soon as I started reading this one, I immediately became intrigued by the characters and then I realised the premise of the story and I was excited for what lay ahead. This friends-to-lovers story was a sexy slow burn with the most perfect ending. If you are looking for a red hot quick read this could be for you. 

"I want you. You want me. We fit, Lucy. You can't deny it's true."

When I first met Gideon, I had all kinds of sexy expectations and for the most part they came true, however there was a few things about this passionate man that frustrated the hell out of me. It was pretty clear from the first page that he had feelings for Lucy, but he took so long in expressing those feelings. I wanted him to be more dominant, more alpha. To tell Lucy that he was the guy she was looking for, which he did get to in the end, it just took a hell of a long time to do it. He drove me crazy!! I was slowly losing my patience with each new chapter. As you can probably tell, slow burns usually aren't my thing. Lol. 

Although I was feeling slightly irritated with the Gideon, I did love the spicy sex scenes. Lucy and Gideon were on fire together. There was one particular scene in a dressing room that had me burning up! If you love a good amount of steam in your book, you will love Lucy and Gideon's sexcapades. 

Overall, I did enjoy this quick read and I just loved the way it ended. I was completely surprised by the final chapter and I did have a big smile on my face as I turned the final page. It was just the slow burn that drove me mad. 

"There's a right time and place. This is our time and our place." 

Make me want gets 3.5 ❤️'s from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment