Thursday 18 January 2018

Review: Whitney G & Nicole London's "My Enemy Next Door."


Synopsis: 

We used to be close.
We used to be best friends.
Until we became enemies all over again...

Courtney Ryan ruined our on and off again friendship with one swipe of her sexy, red pen. After the final rude message she wrote in my yearbook, I decided that we didn't need to see each other anymore. (But if we ever did, I would show her exactly why I had every reason to be "cocky," and make her admit that I really *was* "that damn sexy.")

Now that it's ten years later, I've graduated from law school at the top of my class, and I'm being recruited to work at the number one law firm in New York City.

Since I'm in desperate need of a change and want to meet new people, I don't hesitate to accept the offer.

Until I find out that Courtney Ryan graduated from law school, too.
Until I realize that she'll be working at the same exact firm, in the office right across from me.

And if this timing isn't unfortunate enough, she's far more tempting and sexier than I originally remembered.
(Oh, and last night I found out that she lives right next door...)

We don't have to be close.
We don't have to be best friends.
But she's going to pay me back for making us enemies all over again..

Review: Jo 

Ever since first reading Christina Lauren's "Beautiful Bastard", I have loved office based romance and Whitney G never fails at delivering these kind of stories that are filled to the brim with sexual tension and heat. "My Enemy Next Door" was both a steamy love story between two lawyers and also a tale of second chance love. This was another book by Whitney G that I enjoyed. 

"Jace's mouth still looked as if it was made for kissing me,
 and I knew all these years later that his piercing blue eyes 
could see right through mine." 

Jace and Courtney's story had started when they were in high school, but it sadly didn't last past their collage years. In this book the couple found themselves working for the same company and get the opportunity of fixing their relationship. From the very start Jace and Courtney were giving off highly charged chemistry and angst. I just knew that their relationship was going to be both fun and sexy. I loved watching the pair in action together and couldn't wait for them to finally give in to their desire for each other. It was a given that this Jace and Courtney were going to be one hot couple. 

"I wanted us to keep this, this thing that still-ten years later, felt so right." 

As well as getting to know the older Jace and Courtney, I loved reading the flashback chapters and discovering how the couple's story first began. It was like having a cute YA as well as reading a hot sexy adult romance at the same time. Going back to the past also gave me the chance to get to know the characters well and I gotta say that I just loved how sweet and romantic Jace was. He was so bloomin' gorgeous. 

"I won't be able to "just friends" with you. Ever. It's all or nothing, 
and I'm not going to accept nothing." 

I would say that for the most part, I thoroughly enjoyed this book, however I did feel a little disappointed with the the final few chapters. After such an exciting romance I wanted an ending to match and sadly I didn't think I got the perfect ending that I was looking for. To me, it felt rushed and ended all too soon without any kind of epilogue and at eighty-two percent. I would have loved just few more chapters to give Jace and Courtney the swoony ending that their story deserved. 

"My Enemy Next Door" gets 4-3.5 ❤️'s from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment