Tuesday 5 December 2017

Review: Kate Baxter's "The Wicked Vampire (The Last True Vampire #6)."


Synopsis: 

Sasha Ivanov was born to be wild. A vampire party girl, she stalks the L.A. clubs at night. Dancing. Drinking. Indulging her darkest appetites. Never sated, she's always looking for more: more danger, more excitement, more blood. But when she enters a supernatural fight club--and is tethered to her mortal enemy--Sasha realizes she's playing the most dangerous game of all...

Ewan Brun was born to kill vampires. A powerful berserker and unbeaten champion, he doesn't need a weapon to be deadly. He is the weapon. But when his soul becomes captive to the most beautiful vampire he's ever seen, he is all but powerless. He cannot resist Sasha--and cannot fight his desires. Is their love strong enough to defeat the gathering forces of darkness that threatens to destroy them both?


Review: Jo 

I've missed a few of the previous books in this series so I was very much looking forward to starting this one and returning to the exciting paranormal world that Kate Baxter has created. "The Wicked Vampire" did not disappoint. It contained all of the elements that I have come to expect from this series. I loved this passionate tale of Forbidden love in the underworld. 

"Aren't we supposed to establish some sort of safe word before we get started?"
"Safe word? Oh love, there isn't a word in existence that will keep you safe from me." 

The story of Sasha and Ewan sure was a bumpy, but thrilling ride. Their relationship was filled with drama and danger and I feared what was in store for the couple. Sasha and Ewan's love was forbidden, they were supposed to be enemies-never to fall in love, but they did and what followed was a book that I read with my heart in my mouth for the majority of the time. I was scared to turn the pages, knowing that Sasha and Ewan were taking so many risks being together. I had a whole lot of bad feelings about their romance. 

"He could never, ever let her go. 
And his selfish want of hers was bound to destroy them both." 

Despite all of the problems that Sasha and Ewan faced, they did make a gorgeous couple. Every step of the development of their relationship was just beautiful to watch. So much passion, so much chemistry and so much heart. There was no way that Sasha and Ewan could resist each other even when being together wasn't going to be easy. I loved both Sasha and Ewan. They were strong and stubborn characters with enough courage between them to face their obstacles. Because Sasha and Ewan were both stubborn there relationship made for some heated arguments and banter but it also made for some steamy scenes. This couple were insanely hot together. I loved everything about their relationship. 

"He touched her as though he'd known her body for centuries 
and spent every single night learning it's secrets." 

If you love paranormal romance that contains a sexy alpha and a gutsy heroine, I highly recommend picking this standalone story up. Now, I need to catch up on the stories that I have missed. 

"...I'll yank the sun right out of the sky for a few more hours with you." 

The Wicked Vampire gets 4.5 ❤️'s from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment