Thursday 2 November 2017

Review: Samantha Towle's "Breaking Hollywood."


Synopsis: 

I wasn't supposed to be boyfriendless, homeless and jobless at twenty-eight. And I most definitely wasn't supposed to hit Hollywood's resident bad boy Gabriel Evans with my car and break his foot.

Now I'm stuck in his apartment, taking care of him while he's incapacitated. Living with the hottest guy in Hollywood, who I've had a crush on forever, doesn't sound like a chore, right? Wrong.

Gabriel Evans is rude, crude, drinks way too much and, as soon as his foot is healed, I'm out of here.

So, why do I keep forgetting to check the classifieds? And keep getting flustered when I see him shirtless? Breaking Hollywood wasn't part of the plan. But neither was falling in love with him.

Review: 

This one started off as a lighthearted and fun read with playful banter from the get-go between the two main characters. I have to admit that when I first met Ava I thought that her flirty nature would be irritating, but just like Gabe I really warmed to Ava's sweet and bright personality. She truly was a nice girl, at times a little too nice and understanding and I ended up really liking her, and as for her pet goat, I just wanted to go out and get myself one too. She was so damn cute. 

"He's the hottest thing I've ever seen in my life. Shame he's a jerk."

I loved the way that Gabe and Ava first met and how their romance progressed. At first sight, Gabe came across to be grumpy and a bit of a playboy, but that soon changed. As the story developed it wasn't always a sweet and easy to read romance. Gabe and Ava faced a few challenges as they got to know each other better and there were moments that made my heart hurt, especially for Gabe. 

"I want to be a better man for Ava. A better man for me."

I truly enjoyed Gabe and Ava's story. It contained all of the ingredients to make a delightful love story and it was finished off with the best kind of epilogue. 

"Breaking Hollywood" was well worth the read and gets 4 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment