Wednesday 22 November 2017

Review: Rhyannon Byrd's "The Chase: London Affair Part 2 (London Affair: An International Love Story #2)."


Synopsis:

When American art-history graduate Emmy Reed arrived in London, she was hoping to land her dream job with an exclusive scoop on a famous reclusive artist. Thrown into the path of millionaire playboy Jase Beckett, Emmy found herself agreeing to be his date for a family wedding when she discovered that her sought-after artist was his grandfather.

After a stunning weekend of intense sexual connection, even amidst his family's devious scheming, neither Emmy nor Jase wanted to let go. But both had been burned by a lifetime of family tragedies and, with neither able to say what the other wanted to hear, Emmy returned to San Diego.


Now, realising he's been a fool, Jase follows Emmy, determined to leave the past behind and fight for his future. But will San Diego be far enough away to escape the dark, damaging secrets that surround the Beckett family - especially when the revelations threaten his and Emmy's lives, as well as their relationship?

Review: Jo 

Wow! This series has definitely stepped up a gear with this second instalment. So much happened for Jase and Emmy that I could hardly catch my breath. Sometimes sexy, sometimes thrilling and sometimes heart-stopping. I loved "The Chase." 

"I want the beautiful, stubborn, frustrating,
 fascinating, addictive Emmy Reed in my life and in my bed
 and in my fucking heart."

In this second part I saw Jase and Emmy give their relationship another chance. They had time to get to know one another and work out what they both wanted-which was obviously each other. This part of the series was passionate and steamy as well as seeing a few secrets revealed and a dramatic conclusion that left me desperate for the final book. I'm so glad I waited until these last two books were released because the cliffhanger ending would have killed me! Lol.

"Hold on to me,’ I tell her. ‘Whatever happens, Em, don’t let me go." 

"The Chase" was a brilliant read and gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment