Wednesday 25 October 2017

Review: Sally Thorne's "The Hating Game."


Synopsis: 

Lucy Hutton and Joshua Templeman hate each other. Not dislike. Not begrudgingly tolerate. Hate. And they have no problem displaying their feelings through a series of ritualistic passive aggressive maneuvers as they sit across from each other, executive assistants to co-CEOs of a publishing company. Lucy can’t understand Joshua’s joyless, uptight, meticulous approach to his job. Joshua is clearly baffled by Lucy’s overly bright clothes, quirkiness, and Pollyanna attitude.

Now up for the same promotion, their battle of wills has come to a head and Lucy refuses to back down when their latest game could cost her her dream job…But the tension between Lucy and Joshua has also reached its boiling point, and Lucy is discovering that maybe she doesn’t hate Joshua. And maybe, he doesn’t hate her either. Or maybe this is just another game.


Review: Jo 

This story was magical romance at it's best, weaving it's spell and capturing my heart throughout every single chapter. I could not have been more captivated in Josh and Lucy's wonderful story. I was in romance heaven and I didn't want to ever leave. "The Hating Game" started out as an agonisingly slow burn, it was like one big long tease of a read, but with beautiful snippets of heart-stopping romance that had me grinning from ear to ear. Those bits of gorgeous, heart-melting love kept me turning those pages, desperate for more, and boy, they were so worth the wait. 

"A miracle has occurred, and I don't know when, but I know it now. 
Joshua Templeman does not hate me. Not one bit." 

Lucy and Josh's relationship started out with so much hate for each other, so much hate that I knew there was only one way this pair were headed. The couples angsty banter was like foreplay and it made me crazy excited to see what would happen after all of the squabbles were done, when the hate would turn into love because I just knew that was up next for Josh and Lucy. They shared far too much sexual chemistry for it not to. 

"Every new development between us seems like an impossibility." 

Once I did reach the delicious romance of the story I did not want it too end. I looked at my kindle with horror when it said I only had twelve percent left. It wasn't enough, I needed so much more of Josh and Lucy in love. I wanted to put a big heart around their story and stay inside it forever. Their romance made my pulse sky rocket to the stars. Josh was slowly killing me with his swoon-worthy moments. I was like a big puddle of goo lying on the floor, immersing myself with all the delicious love. 

"I'm falling, completely falling, and I look up as he falls too." 

I just loved the character development in this story. I was hooked on watching Josh and Lucy go from such an argumentative couple to the perfectly matched pair that they grew into. The writing was exquisite, full of witty humour and dreamy romance. I was engrossed in every single word and I had to highlight so much, pages and pages of gushy love. Love that almost made me cry big soppy tears. This book really was everything and fully lived up to the hype that surrounds it. I wish I could have more of Josh and Lucy. I was truly sad to close my kindle after that very last page. 

"When the white flag of his sheets settles on my skin, the Hating Game is over. 
It's primal. It's a miracle. And it's forever." 

It's impossible for me to give "The Hating Game" anything less than 5 big fat squishy hearts.

1 comment:

  1. Are you in search of a reliable Great Spell to have your Ex Wife Back Home you don't need to Look for Contact Dr Zuku Is a very powerful to Help you..Tina Dallas By Name.. have lost with no hope for my Wife was cheating and had always got away with it . with the help a friend who recommended me to Dr.Zuku Because Dr Zuku was the one that him help to bring my friend Wife back, i contacted the spell caster through the email my friend gave to me, and the spell caster told me what to do and i did exactly as i was told, to my greatest surprise, my Wife who has not called me for a very long time, called me and start apologizing for all the wrongs She did to me, and now he loved me more than ever before..Dr.Zuku I just want to say a big thank you to Dr.Zuku incase you need help to have your ex wife back i will advice you to contact..drzukuspelltemple@gmail.com or information Number +16177296273

    ReplyDelete