Thursday 5 October 2017

Review: Karen Erickson's "Tempted by Her Boss (The Renaldis #1)".


Synopsis:

Paige Stewart has committed the ultimate nanny sin—she’s fallen in love with her boss. She adores Matteo Renaldi’s sweet, precocious son. Who wouldn’t? But it’s torture going about her day-to-day tasks, catching fleeting glimpses of the boy’s enigmatic father. Chastising herself for fantasizing she’s in the Renaldi master bed…

It’s ridiculous, pointless. After all, soon little Matty won’t need her anymore and she’ll move on.

Matteo has no interest in dating. He’s consumed by work, his son…and his son’s nanny. She’s everything he’s not: young, carefree, trusting, maybe a little naïve. She deserves better than an embittered widower. Yet when she accidentally falls into his arms, he can’t resist drawing her in for a kiss that quickly spirals out of control.

As they travel to his family’s home in Italy and slowly fall in love, the whispers start. And when one particularly ugly story blows up in their faces, their reputations might escape unscathed, but their hearts may not…

Product Warnings

The sexy, grumpy Italian hero is finally won over by his son’s sweetly beautiful nanny—though it was quite the challenge for her to catch him. Watch for lots of high drama, passionate love and malicious rumors before these two can find their HEA.


Review: Jo 

After finishing "Temporary Arrangement" I was looking forward to seeing what was up next for Paige and Matteo and I wasn't disappointed. I loved this sweet romance between the nanny and the hot single dad, especially how it all came an end. The last chapter and the epilogue left me with a smile on my face and a lovely warm fuzzy feeling in my heart. 

"Somehow, some way, 
his little redheaded nanny had left a mark so deep in him, 
it was as if she'd scratched his very soul."

In this conclusion to Paige and Matteo's story, I saw Paige and Matteo eventually giving in to their feelings for one another followed by a sweet and sexy romance that I loved. It wasn't without a fight though, as Matteo took forever to finally allow himself to act on his and Paige's desires. There were moments when he drove me insane with his mixed signals towards Paige. I really felt sorry for the nanny, who was more than willing to lay everything on the line and commit to a relationship with Matteo. I was actually quite surprised and also admired how bold she was when it came to making a move on Matteo. 

"I know I'm your employee. I know that you're my boss. 
But the attraction is there. I'm sick and tired of denying it." 

I enjoyed the relationship that Paige and Matteo shared and I just adored little Matty. They made such a cute family and Paige fitted in so perfectly. This really was a lovely happy after romance that contained some hot and steamy action. Once Matteo had given the green light on his and Paige's romance, he turned into an insatiable sex Beast! Lol. I expected some red hot scenes and I was definitely given them. 

"...Like this Paige, just the two of us, I will command you. 
However I want you, I will have you." 

This story was a quick read with enough swoon and sex to keep me turning those pages. 

"Tempted by Her Boss" gets 4 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment