Thursday 10 August 2017

Review: Diane Albert's "Falling for the Groomsman (Wedding Dare #1)."


Synopsis: 

Photojournalist Christine Forsythe is ready to tackle her naughty little to-do list, and who better to tap for the job than a hot groomsman? But when she crashes into her best friend’s older brother, Christine realizes her list needs updating. And fast.Tyler Dresco took her virginity during the best night of her life, then bolted. Now that they’re trapped together at a destination wedding, she’s going to get her revenge.

Tyler has never forgiven himself for how completely he lost control all those years ago. Being in Christine’s arms had felt right…until he realized what he’d taken from her in the hallway of a cheap motel. And oh, how she’s making him pay for it now. The insatiable heat between them has only grown stronger, but every time things heat up, Christine walks away. 

With every encounter, things go a little bit further until Christine’s caught in her own trap of seduction. And before their time’s up, Tyler’s not the only one wanting more…

Review: Jo 

I picked this book up as it was on sale and it sounded like my kind of read. "Falling for the Groomsman" got off to a promising start and I found myself enjoying what I was reading. The premise of the story was a good one and I was intrigued to know more. Tyler and Christine once upon a time had a one night stand together that they each found impossible to move on from. Skip a few years and now the pair were given a second chance after finding themselves in the same place at the same time. It seemed like fate was giving Tyler and Christine a little helping hand. 

"All this time he’d been telling her he wasn’t looking for a relationship. And now? 
He couldn’t think of anything but being in one with her. 
Only her. She had to be his forever."

I liked how this story developed and the characters were also easy to root for, however there did come a time in the book when the constant push and pull between Tyler and Christine began to drive me a bit loopy. I really wanted to bang this couple's heads together in parts. I'm all for playing hard to get but you can only do it for so long before the reader becomes frustrated. I did think about giving up at one stage, however because I felt invested in Tyler and Christine, I decided to continue. I truly wanted to see this crazy pair work things out because when things were going well between them, they made a lovely team. I wanted Tyler and Christine to grab the second chance that they had been given and find their HEA.

"I didn’t want to want you so badly it hurt to breathe without you. 
But that’s what I got.”

"Falling for the Groomsmen" turned out to be an okay read so it gets 3.5 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment