Thursday 11 May 2017

Review: Samantha Christy's "Stone Promises (The Stone Brothers #2)."


Synopsis: 

Promises were made.
Sometimes, however, they're made to be broken.

I was six years old when we met. I think I secretly fell in love with him that very first day, when he saved me from a bully at our bus stop. From that day on, we were inseparable. He was my neighbor. My partner in crime. My best friend. 

When I was fifteen, his family moved across the country, tearing us apart. Then he had to go and become famous. And rich. And reckless. He became addicted to women, drugs, and money. But I remember a time when the only thing he was addicted to was me.

I've spent nine years trying like hell to fill the void. But the huge hole in my heart can't be filled because when he left, he took my heart with him. 

Now, when I see him through the crowd and the camera flashes, I wonder if he even recognizes me--the innocent girl from his past. He's different now. He even has a different name. 

When he shows up on my doorstep offering me everything I've ever dreamed of--him--I can't help but recall the age-old idiom:

Be careful what you wish for. 

**Stone Promises can be read as a standalone contemporary romance novel. It is the 2nd book in the Stone Brothers series. 

Review: Jo 

I have been going one-click crazy over the last few months and this book was one of those clicks. I'm not sure whether it was either on sale, free or it was recommended to me, but it was next up on my kindle shelf so I began reading. Having not read the first book in the series and I didn't remember reading the synopsis, I was going in completely blind. Luckily, once I realised what this story was about, I found that I was enjoying the premise and I was looking forward to what was to come. 

"Every time I close my eyes, I see him. Every time I fall asleep, 
I dream of him. Every waking hour, I try to forget him"

"Stone Promises" was a childhood friends, second chance kind of romance between Hollywood heartthrob Chad Stone and his childhood best friend and first love, Mellory. I really liked this sweet couple and I became quickly invested in their relationship. I loved Chad and Mallory's scenes together. Their story was dreamy and romantic. I enjoyed what was happening between the pair, however there was also parts of the story that I didn't enjoy quite as much and that affected the flow for me. It wasn't so much as to what was playing out, but it was one particulate character that I just couldn't take to. I didn't like or trust this person and I was sure that this character was set to cause trouble. 

“I’ll promise you anything. I promise you everything. 
Just promise me you’ll always be mine.”

Overall, this was good standalone read with a lovely epilogue that made my day. 

"Stone Promises" gets 3.5 hearts from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment