Thursday 25 May 2017

Review: Pam Godwin's "Dark Notes."


Synopsis: 

They call me a slut. Maybe I am. 
Sometimes I do things I despise. 
Sometimes men take without asking. 

But I have a musical gift, only a year left of high school, and a plan. 
With one obstacle. 

Emeric Marceaux doesn’t just take. 
He seizes my will power and bangs it like a dark note. 
When he commands me to play, I want to give him everything. 
I kneel for his punishments, tremble for his touch, and risk it all for our stolen moments. 

He’s my obsession, my master, my music. 
And my teacher. 

Review: Jo 

This was another one of my recent Amazon sale one-clicks and it turned out to be the best ninety -nine pence that I have spent in a while. "Dark Notes" was a gripping and insanely erotic novel that I loved like crazy. It's been a long time since I was so obsessed over a book. I was utterly addicted to Ivory and Emeric's forbidden tale so much so that I wanted to disappear from real life and do nothing but read. Putting my kindle down felt like I was ripping my arm off and I wanted to lay down on the floor and have a child like tantrum. For my husbands sake I did resist this, however it did kill me to be separated from this consuming story. 

“Sometimes you love people you shouldn’t, 
and in the endless space of that love, nothing else matters.”

When I first began reading this book and discovered Ivory's age and where the story-line was heading, I did feel a little uncomfortable, especially knowing what Ivory's world was like. The only good things in her life were her cat and her incredible talent when playing the piano. I felt that Ivory was extremely vulnerable, lonely and unloved. So when new teacher, Emeric entered her class, I couldn't help but feel concerned for her. He seemed so dark and dangerous that I was worried he would take advantage and cause more harm. The last thing Ivory needed was a broken heart. 

"I’m so lost in this man, so over my head, heart wide open, and soul quaking. 
We aren’t just a teacher and student, a Dom and submissive, a man and woman. 
“We’re a timeless concerto.” I kiss his lips. “A musical masterpiece.”

Thankfully, I soon forgot my earlier apprehension and quickly became enthralled by Ivory and Emeric's relationship. I easily became lost in their passion, hooked on the lust and love that the couple shared. The combination of Ivory and Emeric's intense connection along with the exquisite way that they played the piano made for some intoxicating scenes. I found myself rooting for the pair from very early on, praying that no-one would find out. Emeric completely won me over. He was like a Prince swooping in to rescue Cinderella from her gloomy castle, well a dark, domineering BDSM Prince that is. Lol! 

"She’s in my veins, fiery and weightless. She’s in my head, like a whisper of promises. 
She’s in my heart, softening it, mending it, and making it pump again."

If you love student/teacher romances with a whole lot of kinky sex, this is an absolute must read. 

"Dark Notes" gets 5 hearts from me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment