Thursday 13 April 2017

Review: Alice Clayton's "Cream of the Crop (Hudson Valley #2)."


Synopsis: 

Manhattan’s It Girl, Natalie Grayson, has it all: she’s a hot exec at a leading advertising firm, known industry-wide for her challenging and edgy campaigns. She’s got a large circle of friends, a family that loves her dearly, and her dance card is always full with handsome eligible bachelors. What else could a modern gal-about-town wish for? The answer, of course, is...cheese.

Natalie’s favorite part of each week is spending Saturday morning at the Union Square Farmer’s Market, where she indulges her love of all things triple cream. Her favorite booth also indulges her love of all things handsome. Oscar Mendoza, owner of the Bailey Falls Creamery and purveyor of the finest artisanal cheeses the Hudson Valley has to offer, is tall, dark, mysterious, and a bit oblivious. Or so she thinks. But that doesn’t stop Natalie from fantasizing about the size of his, ahem, milk can.

Romance is churning, passion is burning, and something incredible is rising to the top. Could it be...love?

Review: Jo 

I loved every single minute of reading this book. The story itself was so much fun, however what sold this book to me was the heroine, Natalie Grayson. Alice Clayton has created a character that was completely entertaining from start to finish. If you are looking for a book that will put a great, big smile on your face, this is one that will do just that. 

".... He slung one big arm around my shoulder,
grabbed my bag and put it over his other shoulder, and said, 
“Let’s go make some cheese.” In the history of romantic opening lines,
 it probably wouldn’t make anyone’s top-ten list, but it was music to my ears." 

City girl Natalie was strong, independent and sassy. She loved her life, which was filled to the brim with everything that she could ever want or need, except for a gorgeous man to share it all with. The lack of that special someone didn't seem to bother Natalie, although she did have a huge crush on certain dairy farmer and I was excited to see what would happen there. Natalie was winning at life and I admired her for how brilliant everything seemed to be. I loved how Natalie was so easy to relate to, being a curvy size eighteen, I envied her confidence when it came to her body and her appearance. Natalie also had a fab sense of humour, making me chuckle time and time again. 

"I could live with big thighs and a grabbable ass. 
Live without Roquefort? Perish the thought!"

Oscar, the dairy farmer and country boy was extremely sexy to look at, but was also a little bit moody and aloof. I know that most of us girls love our book boyfriends to be closed off and mysterious, and I was curious to know more about him, however I didn't fall head over heels in the way that I usually do. Don't get me wrong, I did like Oscar and some of the things he did or said made me swoon, he just didn't melt my heart in the way that I wanted. For me, this story was all about Natalie. To be honest, I think I developed a bit of a girl crush. Natalie was the star of the show in my eyes. 

"I did love a guy who didn’t need a thigh gap."

I missed out on reading the first book of this series, however that didn't matter. This book can easily be read a standalone if you so wish. In my opinion, one book was not enough, it gutted me when this one ended so I cannot wait to read both "Nuts" and the upcoming release "Buns." With Alice Clayton's fantastic writing, lovable characters and witty humour, they are sure to be as fabulous as this book. 

“In case you haven’t noticed, my attention is focused right now on one woman only. 
And she’s pretty much got me twisted up in knots, 
in all the best kinds of ways.”

"Cream of the Crop" gets 4.5 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment