Monday 6 March 2017

Review: Molly McAdam's "Blackbird (Redemption #1)."


Synopsis: 

I live in a world few know exist. I’ve trained for this. I know what to say, what to do, and how to act. I’ve perfected the lethal calm required for this life. 
Now it’s time to buy my first girl. But all it takes is one look at the brave girl who starts singing mid-auction for that calm to slip.
Briar Chapman is going to be the death of me, and I don’t care. I’ll take every day with her until that death comes, and I’ll welcome it when it does.

On the outside, Lucas Holt is what nightmares are made of. A man cloaked in darkness, with sin-filled eyes and an enticing grin. A devil so devastatingly beautiful and cruel that his very presence instills fear.
But beneath his terrifying, ever-calm exterior is an affectionate man haunted by a past that refuses to stay buried. And Lucas looks at me as though he’s finally found the only person who can make it all go away.
We’re a battle of the brightest day and the darkest night—and I want to lie in the wake of our war.

Review: Jo 

The moment that I began reading this book, I knew that it was a different kind of read from Molly McAdams. "Blackbird" began quite darkly than the usual novels from one of my favourite authors, this took me by surprise, but it also made me curious for more. The story of Briar and Lucas pulled me in from the start and I found that I was enjoying this new darker style of book. By the time that I had reached half way, I was hooked and absolutely loving how the couple's relationship was affecting me. My emotions were all over the place as I was swooning one minute and on the edge of my seat the next. With a few unexpected twists thrown in too, Molly has delivered a nail-biting read that utterly consumed me. 

"There was something possessive in the way he was holding me. 
And for once, I didn't mind it. Right there in his arms...that felt right." 

The heroine of the story was sweet Briar-Rose, who thought that her life was perfect. She had everything she could ever want or need in her life, until everything changed and she met the not-so-perfect, but gorgeous, Lucas Holt. Although Lucas was the bad man of the story, I got the impression that he wasn't quite the devil that he was supposed to be. As the story is written from duel POV, I soon discovered what was actually going on inside Lucas's head and I knew that this man was going to steal my heart. He truly was the heart-melting hero that I am certain everyone is going to be gushing over. 

"I would unleash hell on earth if I lost you now, Blackbird." 

"Blackbird" was a page-turner of a story with everything that I wanted to keep me enthralled. I highly recommend reading this standalone novel and falling head over heels for Lucas Holt. 

"He not only owned my body, 
he owned my heart and my shattered soul that he'd pieced back together."

I rated this book 4.5 hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment