Thursday 2 February 2017

Review: J.A. Derouen's "Ever over After (Over Duet #2)."


Synopsis: 

The Over Duet is a story of first loves, second chances, and hard truths. 
Marlo … wild-eyed, untamed, and every single thing I’ve ever wanted from this life. I wasn’t ready for her back then. I was a stupid boy with adult feelings and no idea what to do with them. I squandered away every chance she gave me. 

Yes, a love like ours either burns white hot or crumbles under the pressure. 
And now I’m back to sift through the rubble.

Questions and excuses are two things I have in spades. What I need now are answers. 

Answers and Low. 

Always Low. 

My name is Ever Montgomery, and this is my story of love resurrected. 

Review: Jo 

The conclusion to Marlo and Ever's story was simply stunning. I could not have thought of a more perfect way to ending the duet that I have loved reading. "Ever over After" picked up pretty much where I left things in the previous book. As well as getting a recap into Marlo's new life, I was thankful to be given the details of what had happened to Ever and how he was doing now. I was absolutely desperate for Marlo and Ever to reunite and start over with their relationship. My heart was hurting for the couple and it made me so sad to think of what they had both endured whilst they had been apart. I was confident that Marlo and Ever truly belonged together and the hope that I felt for them kept me turning those pages. 

"Broken, whole, patched up with paper clips and super glue, 
I don’t care. I want her back. I want all of her."

Obviously, with all that had happened between Marlo and Ever, I knew that I was in for another stormy ride. Marlo had always been the stubborn one of the two and that part of her personality had not disappeared. Ever needed to work hard to earn a second chance with the love of his life. The pair's journey together had not been an easy one. Both together and apart they have faced more than most couple's would face in a lifetime. In this sequel, I was fully prepared for many emotional scenes as I learnt of Ever's heartbreak and Marlo's traumatic experiences. I found myself constantly fighting back tears as the couple began to discover what each of them had been through. 

"His lips tasted of the sweetest cyanide, lulling me softly to my inevitable demise." 

In this book we see Ever and Marlo as adults and I felt so proud of how each of them had succeeded in their lives despite their difficulties. Ever had grown into the most gorgeous, swoon-worthy man. He had matured into a deeply caring and loving guy and watching him fight to win back Marlo made me melt into a big puddle. His feelings for Marlo were stronger than ever. He has always treated her with so much love and that had never changed, but in this story, he knew what he wanted and he was determined to get his girl back. 

“Time passes, memories fade, but feelings are forever. 
I know you can feel this, Low. So give in to me.”

I have adored every minute of reading this beautiful story. I loved it so much that when I reached the final pages, I wasn't ready to let Marlo and Ever go. I am so happy that I took the time to read this duet and will definitely be on the look out for more from J.A. Derouen. 

"I want nighttime walks longer than my legs can carry me 
and bear hugs tighter than my lungs can stand. 
I want all those things with you. It’s always been you, Low.”

"Ever over After" gets 4.5 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment