Thursday 3 November 2016

Review: Emma Scott's "All In (Full Tilt #2)."


Synopsis

SPOILERS FOR FULL TILT....

Reeling from her loss, Kacey Dawson is grieving and heartbroken, her addictive demons hauling her back into the alcohol-soaked abyss she worked so hard to crawl out of. Kacey teeters on the edge of oblivion, and must fight her way through the pain, to build a new life for herself with her music, and somehow fulfill the promise she made to Jonah…one she feels is impossible to keep.

Theo Fletcher has a secret burning in his heart, one that he holds close, while he struggles to keep strong for his family that is falling apart. His mother’s health is fragile and his father’s disapproval is breaking him down. Theo is afraid if he follows his heart, he’ll fail, and not just himself, but his brother who believed in him when no one else did. 

Drawn together by their pain, Theo and Kacey slowly build a friendship, re-forge old ties, help each other to heal, and give one another the courage to reach for their dreams. Together, from the depths of grief and guilt, they learn to laugh again, to trust again, and quite possibly find something beautiful and lasting amid the shattered pieces of their broken hearts. 

Review: Jo 

My heart is full and happy and I have tears of joy in my eyes. "All In" was a stunning conclusion. I couldn't think of a more perfect way to end this amazing story. I loved everything that happened. From the way that Kacey and Theo's characters developed to the beautiful relationship that grew between the pair. This sequel was simply flawless.

"Every night, I called one final thought into the deep darkness: 
Come back to me. And just before the dark consumed me, a whisper returned: 
My angel, let me go." 

I have felt so many different emotions during this story of love, strength and courage. Yet again, tears were shed countless many times, but this time there was not just tears because I was feeling sad, but tears of happiness too. I truly have taken the characters from this book into my heart and as such, I felt everything that happened to them as I lived and breathed Kacey and Theo's journey.

"I knew Theo was there. I wasn't alone anymore and that was everything."

There were moments in this book that were beyond heartbreaking as I watched Kacey try to rebuild her life without Jonah. I felt as though I wanted to jump into the story to pull Jonah back. Each time he was thought about, I became crushed with sadness and I missed him terribly. Kacey showed so much strength and courage throughout this story, especially with Theo by her side. I couldn't even imagine the pain that Kacey must have been feeling. I completely understood why it was so hard for her to move on. 

"Whenever I feel I'm coming apart, you always hold me together." 

The biggest surprise and the best gift from "All In" was getting the opportunity to know Theo. Going back to "Full Tilt" and thinking about my first impressions of Theo, I realise now how wrong I was about him. Now, having had the chance to discover the real Theo, I feel guilty for thinking so poorly about him. It turned out that Theo had the biggest and kindest heart of all. He had been acting so selflessly, always putting other's before himself. One of the most beautiful things to come from this sequel was how everything played out so wonderfully for Theo. 

"Tell me what you want, I thought, glancing at her from the corner of my eye. 
Because I want everything." 

This series is without a doubt one of my top reads from this year. If you have yet to read "Full Tilt", I implore you to add it to your TBR's. Don't miss out on this breathtaking story. 

"Love had no end. She was infinite. 
She was a universe, my universe, and I was hers." 

"All In" gets 5 hearts from me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment