Thursday 8 September 2016

Review: Jodi Ellen Malpas' "The Protector."

Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/2aDNEYf
Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/2aJKXtO

Synopsis:

People think they have Camille Logan nailed: daddy's girl; beautiful, spoiled young woman with her father's bank balance to fund her lifestyle. But Camille is determined to have a life free from his strings. Out on her own, she's made mistakes, including one that found her clawing her way back after a stint in rehab and plenty of bad press. Now, after fighting so hard to be independent and happy, she finds her life threatened as a result of her father's ruthless business dealings. Caught between resentment and fear, Camille prepares herself for the measures her father will take to protect her. But nothing could prepare her for the ex-SAS sniper who crashes into her life.

Jake Sharp resides in his own personal hell. He was distracted from duty once before, and the consequences were devastating--both personally and professionally. He vowed never to let that happen again. Accepting the job of bodyguard to Camille Logan isn't the kind of distraction from his demons he should take. Women and Jake don't mix well, yet protecting the heiress seems the lesser of two evils. But Jake soon discovers that she isn't the woman she's perceived to be. She's warm, compassionate, her presence settling, and his duty to protect her soon goes deeper than a well-paid job, no matter how hard he fights it. He needs absolution. He comes to need Camille. But he knows he can't have both.

Joint Review: Surj & Jo

Surj:  Jodi Ellen Malpas, you did it. You wrote a standalone novel  and wow, what a story!!! How could I not be enthralled and captivated by what I read. The plot was so different and new which made for a refreshing change and as for that whole "who done it"  vibe, my inner "Mrs Marple" had a field day. Throw in a healthy dose of curve balls, a budding romance to die for and characters that had me swooning like a love sick puppy, and to say I was in book heaven in an understatement. 

Jo: I totally agree with you, Surj. Although the book initially got off to a slow start, it soon picked up pace and turned into a super sexy and exciting story. I was well and truly hooked and I was thrilled by the roller-coaster of emotions that were provoked by Jake and Camille. Jodi told a tale that was filled with angst, sexual tension and nail-biting drama. So much was happening that I was unable to stop reading. Fan's of Jodi will not be disappointed with "The Protector." 

Jake Sharp was a bad ass bodyguard who was harbouring so many secrets that I found myself wondering what had happened in his past. The desperation to know more kept me turning those pages to discover why he was such a tortured man. I found it so easy to fall in love with Jake.  Jodi has created another book boyfriend that we can all gush over.  I also found it easy to like Camille, she was strong and determined to be independent from her father and all of his wealth. Camille had suffered her own fair share of problems but was ready for a new start. Lucky for her, she had gorgeous Jake by her side to protect her from any more harm. 

Surj: Absolutely Jo. Jake Sharp really was heaven sent and I'd be happy as a pig in muck if he wanted to be my protector!!!  I loved that perfect combination of protective alpha mixed with a vulnerability and  brokenness that Jodi  gave his character. It made him hot as hell but equally it made me want to piece him back together again. And Camille, I'll be honest, there was a bit of me that thought she was a spoiled rich kid initially but my opinion very quickly changed the more I got to know her. Here was a woman desperate to flee the clutches of her over bearing, over controlling father. She wanted her independence. She wanted her freedom. She wanted to make it on her own and I admired her for that. 

The sexual chemistry between Jake and Camille was scorching and I think what made it even better was the fact that they both tried desperately to fight it. Camille did not want a bodyguard and Jake did not want to be protecting daddy's spoiled princess but they were stuck with each other's company until they were told otherwise. The push/ pull and merry little dance the couple did was brilliant and the anticipation of what was to come between the pair had me on tender hooks. When these two got together, I knew it was going to be explosive and I wasn't wrong. 

Jo: I felt exactly the same. I couldn't wait for Jake and Camille to give into their desire for one another. I was more than ready for some steamy scenes. The wait was so worth it because the pair were electric together and I was surprised at how quickly their relationship developed. Jake and Camille were perfect together and I was excited to finally see things begin to work out between the two.  Despite my happiness for Jake and Camille, I knew that trouble was on the horizon, what with Jake and all of his demons and also all the problems from Camille's side. The pair had too many obstacles between them to simply live happily ever after. What I wasn't prepared for was the amount of twists and turns that Jodi then threw in. I was on the edge of my seat wondering how the story would play out. 

Surj / Jo: So all in all, a thrilling read that was full to the brim with mystery, suspense intrigue and a truck load of drama, action and of course the hot stuff. Thank you Jodi for another sexy as hell book boyfriend in Jake Sharp. We rated "The Protector" ❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment