Friday 19 August 2016

Review: Colleen Hoover's "It Ends with Us."

Amazon.com:     http://amzn.to/2b42dEE
Amazon UK:      http://amzn.to/2bvONSI

Synopsis:

Lily hasn’t always had it easy, but that’s never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She’s come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up—she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily’s life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.

Ryle is assertive, stubborn, maybe even a little arrogant. He’s also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily. And the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn’t hurt. Lily can’t get him out of her head. But Ryle’s complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his “no dating” rule, she can’t help but wonder what made him that way in the first place.

As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan—her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.

Review: Surj

Colleen Hoover writes books that are worth their weight in gold and her massive fan base plus the fact that she has hit every list going with every new book she has brought out is a clear reflection of that. Her stories are just brilliant and so unique with characters that you cannot help but take to your heart. But I think one thing that really stands out with this author is that you just never know what you're going to get next and that couldn't be more true than with her latest release "It Ends with Us." Wow, just wow. I really was not expecting that at all. I'm seriously blown away with what I've just read. 

Fifteen seconds. That’s all it takes to completely change everything about a person.
Fifteen seconds that we’ll never get back.

When it comes to "It Ends with Us," Colleen Hoover wrote about a subject matter close to home. She write about something that not only affected her but affected her whole family. It was (at times) pretty hard hitting and I cannot even imagine how difficult it must of been for her to put pen to paper but she did and in such an open, honest and very candid way, so much so that I could feel every single emotion she went through right down to my very soul. 

There is no such thing as bad people. 
We're all just people who sometimes do bad things. 

I went through such a myriad of emotions as I lived and breathed Lilly's story but every single one of them was valid for the story that was being told. I put myself in Lilly's shoes constantly and questioned what I would do and for the most, I felt confusion, pain and hurt because I had no idea what I would do. It is so easy to be a fly on the wall and pass judgement or have an opinion but until you live through certain situations, you cannot even begin comprehend what others may be going through. 

"It ends with Us" was beautiful yet heart breaking. It was uplifting yet (at times) soul destroying. There were so many moments I felt this author's wonderful sense of humour seep through the pages (often at the most importune times) but it helped lighten the load and more importantly, it kinda just fit. I laughed and giggled right alongside Lilly and the other characters but equally there were moments my heart felt like a lead weight in my chest, the pressure building constantly at what I was reading. 

"In the future... if by some miracle you ever find yourself 
in the position to fall in love again... fall in love with me."

"I absolutely loved the way It Ends with Us" was told. Yet again, Colleen Hoover picked a very different and unique way to get certain parts of this story across to her readers. Couple that with her quirky writing style and her lovable characters, and this really was an addictive, compelling read. 

“It stops here. With me and you. It ends with us.” 

This really was another fantastic addition to the works of Colleen Hoover and I rated it ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment