Wednesday 2 March 2016

Review: Kate Baxter's "The Warrior Vampire (The Last True Vampire #2)."


Synopsis

The vampire was built for sin, every inch of him tight and bulky with corded muscle. A killer, that much was apparent, and she couldn't help but wonder if his appetite for violence would rival his appetites for other...things.

A WOMAN SEDUCED

Naya Morales is no ordinary mortal. Born with a shaman's power, she has devoted her life to tracking down stolen magic—and punishing those who take it. But one fateful night, she follows the alluring call of a sensual magic that is too glorious to be true—and finds herself face to face with a stunningly handsome thief who is too magnificent to resist...

A VAMPIRE ENSLAVED

From the moment he sees her, Ronan knows Naya is his mate. Driven by a deep, almost mystical connection, he aches for her body, hungers for her blood, and swears their souls are anchored together. Naya refuses to believe the words of a vampire—or risk the wrath of her tribe. But when she tries to make Ronan her prisoner, neither chains of silver nor fires of hell can help her escape the truth: she is the one who's been captured...

Review-Jo 

For someone who is not yet a fully fledged and paid up member of the paranormal fan club, I sure am loving this series. "The Warrior Vampire" was a brilliant and addictive read. It was so fantastic that I could not turn the pages quick enough, desperate for more of Ronan and Naya's story. I was consumed by the exciting world of vampires, witches and magic. Not once was there a dull moment or a time where my mind wondered to some place else. The story was fast-paced, thrilling and contained the most hottest couple I have ever come across from the this genre. Kate Baxter sure can create some steamy scenes. I am surprised that my kindle didn't catch fire during some parts of the book. Sucking someone else's blood has never been so hot. No wonder I was hooked! Lol. 

"You're my family, Naya. My tribe. My pod. My coven. Whatever you want to call it.
 I don't give my vows lightly. And I've given mine to you." 

Together Naya and Ronan made a dazzling couple, all fiery heat and sexiness. The chemistry between the two was palpable from their very first moments together and they just became more intense as the story progressed.  I fell for Ronan, just as hard as I'd fallen for Michael in "The Last True Vampire", if not harder. I know that I've said it before but I do love a bloodthirsty vampire. They are all so damn erotic, so deliciously passionate and one hundred percent alpha. Ronan encompassed all of these gorgeous qualities so it was a given that he would be a vampire for me to lust over. I also loved Naya. She was a strong and feisty heroine, not essentially needing a hot-blooded male in her life, but it certainly improved things for her. Naya made a kick-ass character, ideal for the dark world in which they both belonged to, and that in turn made them the most perfect couple. 

"Your blood is life. It gives me breath. Makes my heart beat. 
And your body...
your body is an alter at which I pray. There is no greater power than that." 

Please don't think that this series is all about the sex though, because it really wasn't. There was a gripping plot that kept me on my toes throughout. The writing was fantastic, keeping me engrossed and entertained through every single chapter. I really feel that the series is now beginning to open up, with the introduction of new characters with the beginnings of their own stories that have piqued my interest. I also loved catching up with Claire and Michael again and I am already excited for the next book which is Jenner's story. He appeared to be the one who was the most troubled of the underworld so I can't wait to discover how his book will play out. 

If you haven't yet picked this series up and you love a passionate read to sweep you away to another world, I strongly recommend one-clicking this book, but be sure to read "The Last True Vampire" first, you don't want to miss out on Michael and Claire's story. It's equally as good as this one. 

"He was the air she needed to breathe. Water. Food. 
Ronan was everything." 

"The Warrior Vampire" gets 5 hearts from me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment