Thursday 10 March 2016

Review: Georgia Cates's "Tap (Lovibond #1)."


Synopsis:

Craft beer and the sexy men who brew it.

A faceless name. That’s all she was when I agreed to play a part in deceiving her. But then the unplanned happened.

We met. And all I wanted from her was a dirty weekend . . . until that wasn’t enough and I longed for so much more.

Lawrence Thorn suddenly means the world to me. And that’s a problem. She’s my business partner’s sister. Forbidden fruit. Pursuing her can mean trouble for me at Lovibond Brewery. But I don’t care.

I yearn for her skin against mine.
I crave her smell on my body.
I want to make her laugh and then hear her moan my name.
And she does for a brief moment in time.

But Lawrence wants more than I’m able to give. And it’s a damn shame because there’s no one on earth I want more than her.

An epic love.
A miserable ending.
Unless it’s not. 

Review-Jo 

Georgia Cates has remained one of my favourite authors ever since reading "Beauty From Pain." "The Sin Trilogy" was one of my favourite reads from last year, therefore I couldn't wait to begin this new series. Unfortunately "Tap" didn't quite meet my expectations and I was left wandering if this new trilogy is for me. 

The "Lovibond" series is centred around three guys who own a brewery, this story being focused on Tap, who fell madly in love with his business partners sister, so there is a touch of forbidden about it. I really liked the premise of this story, but I felt that the delivery of it was why I was left feeling disappointed. I have always enjoyed Georgia's writing style, however in this book there was something different about it that I didn't like. The constant internal monologue of the main characters distracted me from the story and upset the flow. For this reason, it took me quite a while to get into the book. 

I really wanted to be excited about "Tap" but I have to be honest and say that it didn't hit the spot for me. I had no feelings towards Tap or Lawrence so I failed to become invested in their relationship. The only parts of the story that I did enjoy were the sex scenes! Lol. I feel so sad that I didn't fall for "Tap" but I do know that some readers have loved it, so if you like the sound of this one and want a sexy read with not much drama, this could be for you. Even though this series is not the one for me, I still love Georgia Cates and I am looking forward to reading other books from this author in the future. 

"Tap" gets ❤️❤️❤️  from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment