Tuesday 15 December 2015

Review: Bella Jewel's "Hard to Forget (Alpha's Heart #3)."


Synopsis:

Delaney, a professional bodyguard, has spent years trying to prove herself in a male dominated industry. Now she's facing her greatest challenge yet.

Bad boy billionaire Jax Shields has made plenty of enemies on his climb to the top, but being in the wrong place at the wrong time has put his life at risk. Now he's putting his life in the hands of Delaney and her team. He demands the best in everything, and he doesn't think she has what it takes to protect him. He's also made it clear he'd rather have her on her back then covering his. Will Delaney be able to prove herself to the most arrogant—and devastatingly handsome—man she's ever met?

**Hard To Forget is a full-length standalone romance with a HEA**

Review-Jo 

This could have easily been my favourite book of the series, I loved the story, I adored Delaney and I loved Delaney and Jax together, but sadly there were a few things that frustrated me and left me feeling disappointed. Once again, the female heroine of the story was another tomboy, choosing a career that was dominated by men. Delaney was a character that I instantly warmed to and I admired her gutsy determination to follow her chosen career as a professional bodyguard. This was how she met Jax. 

"Who is going to save you, Kitten?" 
"I don't need saving." 
"But you do. You just don't see it." 

Jax was a character that I really didn't like. He was arrogant, sexist, and extremely grumpy. This man must have got out of bed the wrong way every single morning because he appeared to be so damn miserable all of the time. I failed to see any appeal in him and I wondered how Jax and Delaney's relationship would play out. As the story progressed and Jax and Delaney became involved with each other, I did see a change in Jax and it was a change that I loved. I found myself swooning over the way he acted towards Delaney and he was all kinds of hot when it came down to the nookie. My attraction to him developed with each new chapter! 

"You're not playing by the rules, handsome. You're not supposed to get under my skin."
"Too late, baby. I'm already there." 

Although I was so happy to see Jax and Delaney together and thought that they made a brilliant couple, I felt that the build up to their relationship was not delivered in the way that I had expected. I felt absolutely no excitement or sexual tension leading up to the pair getting together. I wanted passion and chemistry but I was sadly let down. I truly wanted to love this book but despite enjoying some parts, I was left unsatisfied by others.

"Hard to Forget" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️   from me.


Review: Surj 

Bella Jewel's "Hard to Fight" is the third book in the Alpha Heart series and although I thoroughly enjoyed the first two books in the series, this one left me feeling a little "meh." There were parts that were good but equally, there were parts that annoyed me and left me feeling a little frustrated.

So the good bits were.. definitely the premise of the story. I love it when we get a heroine who takes on a role that is predominantly seen as male. Yup, Delaney was a bodyguard who has quite the sharp tongue on her when needs be. And trust me, in a man's world, she really couldn't afford to me meek and mild. Otherwise she would have gotten walked all over. I liked her sass and I liked her determination to wanting to succeed in her field, especially when there were so many who would happily see her fail, including her colleagues!!! Her biggest challenge however came with the man she was supposed to be protecting... Jax Shields. Now he was a male chauvinistic pig of the worst kind. He was vile initially and I just couldn't take to him at all. I was grateful that Delaney was thick skinned and gave as good as she got. Otherwise he really would have made mince meat of her. So as much as I didn't take to Jax initially, I was enjoying the storyline. So what went wrong? 

Oh man, what happened to Delaney? She just turned into this big pile of mush when it came to Jax. She risked the career she had worked her ass off for when it came to this man, putting herself in many a compromising situation knowing she could get caught at any moment. I wanted to give her a really good shake. I know she was falling for Jax and falling fast but to risk so much and be so careless.. I just didn't get it. And Jax, I did grow to like his character but even I could see that maybe Delaney wasn't quite the right person for the job of keeping him safe. I mean, the number of times she broke down, showed a vulnerable side etc, if I was him and it was my life hanging in the balance, would I want her watching over me? Nope, I don't think so. Her professionalism kinda went out of the window on a few occasions. 

So obviously Jax and Delaney got it on and it was ok but I guess because I wasn't completely invested in them as individuals or as a couple, those scenes remained just that... OK. Had what this couple shared been a little more believable for me, I can imagine those scenes would have been rather scorching hot. 

"Hard to Forget" was the final book in the "Alpha Heart" series and although I have loved so many of the previous books by this author, this one didn't completely float my boat and I rated it ❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment