Friday 30 October 2015

Review: C.P Smith's "Framed."

Review: C.P Smith's "Framed."

Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1GnP1su
Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/1kmJWHg

Synopsis:

Six hundred minutes. That’s all it took ex-SEAL Kade Kingston to find trouble his first day home. He’d managed to survive covert operations in the hostile mountains of Afghanistan, only to be brought down by a baseball bat. If he had the first five hundred minutes back, he would have only had one drink before insisting his old friend tell him what the hell was going on. As it stood now, he and Sutton were both dead in the water—literally and figuratively. Six hundred minutes. That’s all it took for Kade Kingston to walk back into hell in his own backyard, losing everything in the process . . . including his freedom.

Inmate dog trainer, Harley Dash, knew Kade briefly as a teenager and was convinced of his innocence. Wanting to help the brooding ex-SEAL, she took it upon herself to force Kade into the Inmate Dog Training Program while she looked for a killer. With Kade confined, Harley and her father, along with two sexy SEALs, looked for evidence that would set Kade free.

Unfortunately, for Kade, Sutton's murder was just the tip of the iceberg in a case of corruption and murder, one that will send Kade and Harley into the Florida Everglades with a killer.

Will they survive the alligators of the Florida Everglades, or will the Dread Pirate Roberts exact his revenge?

Review: Surj 

I've read a couple of books by this author now and absolutely loved them. She writes sassy heroines, "to die for" alpha males and story lines that are gripping from start to finish. However, for some reason, I just could not get into C.P Smith's latest release "Framed." I don't know whether it was because I wasn't in the right mind set when I read it or whether it was just the fact that this book just wasn't for me but it took me a whole week to finish it, the plot not capturing my attention and the romance element leaving me a little... meh. 

Ex Navy Seal Kade Kingston should have been everything I love in a book boyfriend but there were moments his possessiveness left me frustrated. I'm happy with my alpha's being somewhat controlling  but there were times (in my opinion) he went a little too far. And as for Harley, the minute she decided she would happily give up her position in the dog training program for a man she hardly knew, my heart sank a little. I didn't want her decision to be as easy as it was. After all, it wasn't just her colleagues she's be letting down but the inmates and the dogs too. On top of that, the minute Kade  was released from prison, they jumped each other's bones. I get there was an attraction that had festered from years gone by and that that had only grown despite the pair being apart. However, realistically, they barely knew each other yet they very quickly jumped straight into a relationship. 

In terms of the secondary plot that had lead to Kade serving time in prison, I kinda lost my way a little with it. There was just a lot of detail and a lot of names and somewhere along the line, I stopped connecting the dots. So when everything came to a head at the end, I didn't particularly get the why's, the who's and the when's. 

The epilogue however, I did love. It was a perfect ending full of swoon worthy, heart melting romance, taking me five years into the future with this couple and where they were at left me with a big, cheesy grin on my face. 

So all in all, I rated "Framed" ❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment