Thursday 20 August 2015

Review: Katee Robert's "The Marriage Contract (The O'Malleys #1)."

Review: Katee Robert's "The Marriage Contract (The O'Malleys #1)."


Synopsis:

Teague O'Malley hates pretty much everything associated with his family's name. And when his father orders him to marry Callista Sheridan to create a "business" alliance, Teague's ready to tell his dad exactly where he can stuff his millions. But then Teague actually meets his new fiancée, sees the bruises on her neck and the fight still left in her big blue eyes, and vows he will do everything in his power to protect her.

Everyone knows the O'Malleys have a dangerous reputation. But Callie wasn't aware just what that meant until she saw Teague, the embodiment of lethal grace and coiled power. His slightest touch sizzles through her. But the closer they get, the more trouble they're in. Because Callie's keeping a dark secret-and what Teague doesn't know could get him killed. 

Review-Jo 

He pulled her down to kiss her, the truth slashing through his chest. 
He'd gone and fallen for his fiancée. 

The Marriage Contract was a fantastic story from start to finish. The plot to this story was brilliant and it kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the majority of the book. Callie and Teague were both part of powerful families and were being forced to marry one another for the sake of the 'family business'. It was a marriage of convenience and neither party were excited about their upcoming nuptials. That was until Callie and Teague met and were surprised to discover that they actually liked each other. Maybe their arranged marriage wouldn't be so bad after all! 

He'd barely known this woman a week, and he already knew 
that he wasn't going to be happy with just sex. No, he wanted it all.

Of course, Callie and Teague's relationship was not going to be that easy. With the couple's families being both dangerous and powerful, there was a whole load of drama ready to start up at any minute. Callie and Teague found themselves in the middle of all of the trouble and I feared what lay ahead for the pair. And there was also Callie's secret that was set to cause even more problems if ever it was discovered. I just knew that things were about to go from bad to worse for this couple. 

She was the spark that set the whole explosion into motion.

I loved Callie and Teague. They were the perfect hero and heroine of the story, fighting to save their families as well as each other. Callie and Teague made a fierce team who were destined to have a passionate relationship. I loved every minute of watching this pair together. Their relationship was sexy and exciting and I loved being swept up in their world. I became so invested in Callie and Teague as a couple and I was rooting for them to survive all of the drama that they faced. 

"I might not have been the one to choose you, but you're mine, 
Teague O'Malley, for better or worse." 

Because I had not read the synopsis to this book, I had no idea if it was a standalone but I truly hoped that it was. I knew that I would have been horrified if this story had ended in a cliffhanger. Thank goodness it didn't. I was relieved to discover that Callie and Teague's story was all wrapped up by the time I had reached the final page. I was still absolutely gutted when the story ended. I just wasn't ready to let go of Callie and Teague. Hopefully, I will get to catch up with them in book two of the series. 

"You consume me, angel. It's the most welcome kind of distraction, 
but I can't get through an hour without thinking about you. Thinking about this."

"The Marriage Contract" was a gripping start to an amazing series. I loved it and it was well worth the read so it gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️  from me. Now, I can't wait for the next book. Hopefully, I won't have too long to wait! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation - I've added it to my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete