Friday 12 June 2015

Review: Livia Jamerlan's "Consensual."

Review: Livia Jamerlan's "Consensual."

Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/1dwZWT9
Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1Kqohac

Synopsis:

Braelynn Wolf is focused on two things: work and law school. 

That is how she survives. 
That is how she’ll make a difference.

Until she meets HIM.

Peyton Haas is sexy, dangerous, and forbidden. The defense attorney on Braelynn’s first legal case is the only man who can cloud her judgment. Unable to stay away, she finds herself lying to everyone around her so she can spend time with the man who makes her feel things she never felt before—things she never dreamed possible.

With the legal case hanging on a thread, can Braelynn ignore the relationship she has built with Peyton? 

Or will she succumb to the man who has the power to throw away her future?

Review: Kirsty

This book was such a pleasant surprise! I had never heard of the author before, hadn't really heard much about the book and only really glanced at the blurb, so when I read the book and fell in love with it, I was delighted. 

After being in a big book funk, this was a real treat. The book starts you off with a bang. Going back to her past, Braelynn describes horrific scenes that would greet her night after night. Her sister being raped by their uncle. I don't feel like this is a spoiler as it happens in the prologue. The scene is horrible and really clues you in to how the rest of the book will go.

Fast forward to the present and Braelynn is in the final stages of her lawyer training, trying to put the past behind her. Whilst on the job, she meets another hot shot lawyer, Peyton, a self confessed playboy and hot as hell. Neither of them are looking for anything serious, but neither of them can deny each other either. I loved their relationship. It was almost comical to watch them keep denying themselves, all the while knowing they could never really stay away from each other. 

He was out of my league. He smelled like forbidden fruit- the kind you bite into 
and then let the succulent juices slide down the side of your mouth.

I did really like the characters, but at times I had real issues with Braelynn. Whilst I understood her reservations completely, given the life she has lead, I couldn't help but want to shake her on occasion. Peyton was always there for her, always willing to go at her speed and take it as slow as she likes, but sometimes that still wasn't good enough for her. It occasionally got to the point where she was childish with it. Like I said it got slightly irritating, but not to the point where I wanted to give up.

When he was near, I couldn't make my body move in any other direction but toward him. 
Even so, I knew that if I didn't stop playing with fire, he would be my downfall.

The real kicker for me was the end. There was a cliffhanger! The story really kicked in towards the end, I saw where it was going but thought I would get a lot of the story.. nope! It ended and I have to wait for the next book. That's fine with me though, I love to get stuck in to a series and I can't wait to see where the book goes next.

I rated "Consensual" ❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment