Wednesday 15 April 2015

Review: Tillie Cole's "Sweet Home (Sweet Home #1)".

Review: Tillie Cole's "Sweet Home (Sweet Home #1)". 


Synopsis:

At age twenty, Molly Shakespeare knows a lot.

She knows Descartes and Kant.

She knows academia and Oxford.

She knows that the people who love you leave you.

She knows how to be alone. 

But when Molly leaves England's grey skies behind to start a new life at the University of Alabama, she finds that she has a lot to learn — she didn't know a summer could be so hot, she didn't know students could be so intimidating, and she certainly didn't know just how much the folks of Alabama love their football.

When a chance encounter with notorious star quarterback, Romeo Prince, leaves her unable to think of anything but his chocolate-brown eyes, dirty-blond hair and perfect physique, Molly soon realises that her quiet, solitary life is about to dramatically change forever...

Review-Jo Rushton

After hearing most of my book friends rave about Tillie Cole's "Sweet Home" series I decided that it was about time that I gave it a chance. As soon as I began reading Sweet Home, I knew that I was reading something amazing and now that I have finished the first book, I understand what all the fuss was about!! This book was simply stunning. It was a beautiful love story that I fell in love with from the very first page. 

For never was a truer story of love conquering woe than this of Molly Juliet and her Romeo.

I first met the main character of the story, Molly Shakespeare, in the prologue. I was taken back in time to Molly's childhood. Molly grew up in a northern town in England, she didn't appear to have much money but was surrounded with love from her small family. In the first chapter I was then transported back to the present day. Now twenty, Molly's life had changed considerably. She was living in America, studying for her Masters at the University of Alabama. Molly had obviously grown into an intelligent young woman and on the outside, life appeared to be going well for her. However, as I read on I discovered that Molly had gone through some extremely tough times that had left her with some upsetting memories and a broken heart. Despite Molly's tragic past I felt that her character was so full of warmth and goodness. I loved her instantly and admired her determination to overcome her hardship and follow her academic dreams. 

It was at the University of Alabama where Molly first met Romeo or Rome "Bullet" Prince as he was known to everyone else. Romeo was the most famous and most lusted after member of the university football team. All of the guys hero worshiped him and all of the girls wanted to spend the night with him. As you can probably tell, Romeo Prince was a very popular guy and not the kind of guy that I would expect to fall for sweet Molly Shakespeare. Romeo stole my heart as soon as I met him. On first appearances he came across as cocky, a little bit arrogant and a whole lot of sexiness but with Molly by his side and in his heart he turned into the most sweetest and adorable boyfriend. I guarantee that every single one of you will fall for Rome, he made my heart melt. 

"For the first time in my life, I wanna be with just one person. I wanna be with you. It's all a 
little new for me. Hell has officially frozen over and I'm crossin' to the monogamy dark side." 

As soon as Molly and Romeo met, something special happened between them. I guess you could say it was insta-love. I knew that they would make an amazing couple. It was like they they were meant to be. Molly and Romeo very quickly became friends and it was soon turning into something more. Their relationship was truly beautiful. I absolutely loved Molly and Romeo together. I adored watching the journey of their relationship. Sometimes I laughed, sometimes I cried, sometimes I got angry and sometimes I was giddy with joy. The pair went through many highs and just as many lows together as they faced a whole lot of problems but they were both determined to survive all of the obstacles to be together. The bumpy and emotional ride that the couple took me on was totally worth it. 

"My body recognises you as something that's good for me. 
My mind recognises you as someone who's right for me, 
and my soul recognises you as someone who is meant for me." 

"Sweet Home" was beautifully written from Molly's POV but the next book in the series is the same story but written from Romeo's POV . I am off to read that one next. If you are looking for a heartwarming and emotional romance, this book is a must! I loved "Sweet Home" and I hope that you will too. 

"Romeo was the soul that bonded to mine...Romeo Prince was my home sweet home." 

This amazing love story gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️   from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment