Friday 10 April 2015

Review: JA Huss' "Three Two One."

Review: JA Huss' "Three Two One."

Amazon UK:     http://amzn.to/1CrVx8P
Amazon.com:    http://amzn.to/1yOsoV8

Synopsis:

ONE GIRL

Battered, barefoot, and huddled under a bookstore awning in the pouring rain, Blue only knows one thing. After fifteen months of captivity, finally… she is free.

TWO FRIENDS

Self-made millionaires JD and Ark are not out to save anyone when they stumble upon a wet and shivering girl one early Sunday morning. But when you sell sex for a living and salvation rings your bell… you answer the call.

THREE SOULMATES

After years of searching, love lifts the veil of darkness, and three people—with three very big secrets—find themselves bound together in a relationship that defies the odds.

Or does it?

Love. Lust. Sex. 

This trinity might be perfection… but not everything should come in 3’s.

Review: Surj Harvey

"Three, Two, One" was my first experience of this author and to say it was a baptism by fire is an understatement. Holy cow, how do I even begin to put what I read into words? The whole f**ked up, messed up, screwed upness of it all. I should have put the book down within the first 10% ... of course I should have because what I was reading was just so wrong on so many levels but I couldn't. It was madness, craziness on my part. I even questioned my sanity because this was depravity of the worst kind. But I couldn't turn away. I was invested. I was addicted.

"You like it hard or slow, Blue?" he asks
"both," she whispers.
"You like it rough or soft?"
"Both."
"You like him or me?"
"Both."

"Two's company, three's a crowd," isn't that how the saying goes. Well, this was my first full on M/F/M novel (of course I'd read books where characters had dabbled) but this really was something else. "Three, Two, One" took hotness to a whole new level. This book will affect you... as in really affect you. If it doesn't, I'd say you're a perfect candidate for a nun. A meat  freezer would have been perfect on so many occasions because there was a hell of a lot of toe curling, thigh clenching and legs crossing going on. In fact there were moments I had to put the book down, go get some air and cool myself and calm myself down... lol. But this book wasn't just about sex. It wasn't just about a threesome. It was about so much more than that. 

My soul has two mates. I love them equally, and with the same 
amount of fierce devotion. And I’ll fight to my death to have them both.

Can I go into the storyline without spoiling it for you? No I can't so I won't. Read the synopsis and let the rest be a surprise. What I will say is, it's dark, it's complicated and it's as sinister as f**k. Cloak and daggers, smoke and mirrors (call it what you want) but this was a story built on secrets and lies  where nothing was as it seemed and the characters... well they were even more of a mystery. Each had a past, each had a story to tell but none were very forthcoming when it came to enlightening the reader. It was up to me to pick up clues and snippets of information and put this puzzle together. It was a mess. It was complicated. It was disturbing. It was twisted... the list could go on.  My advice to you would be to take your time reading this book. Don't try and rush it and definitely don't try and speed read because it may get confusing at the start as you try and get to know the key players. Plus you might miss vital clues which may help you unravel the mysteries that lie before you. 

I want more than anything for this to be real. And it can't be real.
How can it be real when all three of us are lying?

I know my review is slightly vague and none specific but honestly, I'd be doing a disservice to you by going into any more detail. Just know that "Three, Two, One" was a brilliant book. it pulled me out of my comfort zone no end and if this is the kind of writing I can expect from JA Huss, then I can see her  climbing (very quickly) up the ladder of my favourite authors.  Want a story that's different, unique, unpredictable? Go click and have your nerves put to the test. Go click "Three, Two, One." 

“One girl.
Two friends.
Three soul mates.”

I rated this book ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment