Monday 23 March 2015

Review: Lisa J. Hobman's "Reason's to Stay(Reasons #2)".

Review: Lisa J. Hobman's "Reason's to Stay(Reasons #2)".


Synopsis:

Just when she has learned to trust again Stevie's life is once more thrust into uncertainty. Left with only the memories of her deeply passionate relationship she tries to piece together what is left of her heart.

Shocking news leaves her reeling once again as she tries to help her first love Jason's brother, Dillon, to rebuild his life.

Will Stevie's heart ever be mended? And if so who will be the man worthy of her trust? 

And will she ever get her happy ever after?

Review-Jo Rushton 

"If two people love each other why can't it work?" 

The conclusion to Stevie and Jason's story got off to a good start. After being left with a cliffhanger ending, I was eager to know what the future held for this not so lucky in love couple. Stevie was left completely confused after yet another disappearance by Jason. Poor Stevie, she was having her heart trampled on all over again and I felt so sorry for her. Jason had a whole lot of explaining to do. He was turning out to be a man who Stevie could not depend on. Maybe it was time that she realised that he just was never going to be the man for her. 

I can't keep letting him in only to be let down. I've lost him, 
and I need to deal with it and move on.

Jason appeared to have difficulties dealing with his problems. Any sign of trouble or any bit of drama that came his way and he would run in the opposite direction with no thought of the chaos that he was leaving behind. He just didn't want to face up to his problems and this is how he continued to handle things throughout most of the story. The more that I read, the more I became frustrated with his character. As the story progressed, my frustrations grew. Not just with Jason, but with Stevie too. 

There were so many times that I wanted to bang this couple's heads together. So many misunderstandings between the pair that they began to drive me crazy! I started feeling that Stevie and Jason were never going to be together. There were too many things going wrong for the couple and I couldn't help but feel disappointing with the way the story was heading. I felt so disheartened with all of the events that were happening. Stevie and Jason's happy ever after was getting further and further away with each new chapter and I truly began to lose hope for them. This, for me was when I felt the pace of the story really slowed down and my attention was beginning to waver.

"There's only so much heartache a couple can go through before it's time to let it go." 

I was longing for something exciting to happen between Stevie and Jason. Thankfully, Lisa managed to give me an ending that warmed my heart and left me with a smile on my face. It was just a shame that It had taken so long for that moment to arrive. I felt that this second part of the story was just a little too long and quite repetitive. I'm just glad that, finally the story ended in the way that I had hoped. Overall, I did like the series however it wasn't one that I loved. 

"I'm not prepared to lose you again. I never want to be lost again."

I rated "Reasons to Stay" ❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment