Friday 23 January 2015

Review: Meghan Quinn's "Being a Jett Girl (The Bourbon Series # 2)."

Review: Meghan Quinn's "Being a Jett Girl (The Bourbon Series # 2)."

Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/1EdbjaV
Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1sPtdPD

Synopsis:

How did I become a Jett Girl?

Hell if I know, one moment I’m working at the premiere spot for creepy men and sloppy drunks and the next, I’m being whisked away by a moody ex-boxer and a mysterious man in a suit that overlooks his girls from the third floor of the Lafayette Club.

It wasn’t easy but now that I’m a Jett Girl, there is only one thing on my mind and that is Jett Colby.

He has captured me, stolen my heart and entwined my soul into his at such an alarming rate that it seems almost difficult to breathe without him holding me, touching me, kissing me...

He won’t give me his heart though, he won’t let me own every last inch of him and not because he doesn’t want to, but because he doesn’t want to jeopardize my ambiguity.

Because of this, there is only one thing standing in my way when it comes to completely and utterly living my life with Jett Colby and it’s called Lot 17.

Review: Surj

Note to self... don't make assumptions that just because a third book hasn't been loaded into Goodreads, that a series will only be a two parter... yup I found out the hard way and now I'm left absolutely gobsmacked!!!! Honestly... WTF happened? I was happily reading, on my merry little way, digesting all the goods, bad and evils that were occurring in "Being a Jett Girl," gearing myself up for a beautiful ending and then BAM... I got the unexpected. I never saw it coming (I swear to god), and now I need the next book... holy cow Meghan Quinn... way to shock a girl. 

One minute I'm flying on cloud nine with my pussy flapping in the breeze waving at 
all the unicorns and kitties in my dreamland and then the next moment, 
I'm lying low in a gutter full of dragon shit wondering where I went wrong. 

So second book in the Bourbon Series started up more or less where "Becoming a Jett Girl" finished and I was dying to know what would happen next between Goldie and Jett. I mean the dynamics of their relationship had definitely shifted somewhat but with two very strong minded people, I knew whatever came next would involve one or both characters making heavy sacrifices.... the question that rang loud in my mind was... would Jett Colby ever let anyone in? I wasn't so sure and the first 20% of this book involved him continuing to behave like an ass, pretty much closed off and treating the woman he supposedly cared about like crap... Jeesh... would he ever redeem himself? 

Goldie was way to good for a heartless bastard like me but because of that lack of heart,
I didn't think about the repercussions, 
Instead I just took what I wanted and what i wanted was Goldie. 

And poor Goldie... I saw a massive shift in her character and although she remained a feisty firecracker, I saw a vulnerable side to her that broke my heart. Her feelings for Jett were consuming her and she would take whatever he had to offer... even if that meant she was left devastated at the end. 

I tried to ignore the fact that once again, I was breaking in half, 
that he was pushing me away,that even though he tried to change the dynamic between us, 
he still fell back to his old ways of running away. 

So as I read on, I wondered whether this would be it for them... him taking and her giving!! Well, let's just say, when the proverbial hit the fan, Jett Colby finally got a wake up call and boy oh boy did I see another side to him. When did he become such a thoughtful, romantic, caring son of a bitch???? Yup, be prepared to see a sensitive side to this man that will render you speechless. Don't get me wrong, he was still very much a dominant but there was absolutely a shift in his behaviour... woo hoo!!! At last!!!

This second book in the series saw a couple of sub plots come to the surface which really helped spice things up a bit. Plot 17 and Jett's father featured heavily and the war that raged between them only seemed to intensify with innocent people getting caught in the crossfire. who would be the next victim? 


Call me the devil but fuck with me or fuck with my girls 
and I would take you out before you could zip your pants back up. 

"Being a Jett Girl" was full to the brim of hot, testosterone fuelled men including Kace who continued to steal my heart. I was dying to get inside his head, knowing full well it would be full of hurt and pain but the opportunity never came. What I will say is, after certain revelations came to light, I could have quite easily have slapped Goldie for a few of her thoughtless, heartless, childish comments... gggrrrrr!!!! I was also introduced to the ringmaster of a kink club called "Diego." again, I have a feeling his story is going to be an interesting one. 

If you look back to my review of the first book in Jett and Goldie's story, you'll know that I was like a dog on heat after reading it and as my husband put it... I was practically dry humping his leg!!! cheeky bugger. However, although the characters continued to bump uglies... a lot, it was kinda almost expected which meant the anticipation had gone. There was no working myself up in terms of would they/ wouldn't they because it was almost a given that they would. However, Kace in the shower... OMG!!! Now that was freakin' hot!!!! (fans self). 


You're a bright spot in the dull life that I've been living, You make me feel like i'm 
not alone anymore and your laugh, your smile, they're so goddamn 
infectious that I find myself losing every last wall I've built while I'm around you.

So all in all, another fab addition to this series that is fast becoming a favourite guilty pleasure, plus with the ending I got, I'm now desperate for the next book!!!! Fingers crossed we'll have it soon. I rated "Being a Jett Girl" ❤️❤️❤️❤️ hearts 


No comments:

Post a Comment