Friday 2 January 2015

Review: Kristen Ashley's "Rock Chick Revolution (Rock Chick # 8)."

Review: Kristen Ashley's "Rock Chick Revolution (Rock Chick # 8)." 

Amazon UK:     http://amzn.to/1HjR1yr
Amazon.com:    http://amzn.to/1Bqfazn

Synopsis:

Ally Nightingale has secrets. Secrets she doesn't even share with the Rock Chicks. But two men know what she's up to. One has her back. The other has her heart, but he doesn't know it.

As Ally rewinds the last year of her life, she knows two things. One, she’s never going to get what every Rock Chick should have—her own Hot Bunch guy. And two, she’s a Nightingale through and through. She just isn’t sure what to do about that.

But as her secrets are revealed, the men in her life react. Darius Tucker, a lifelong friend, as usual takes her back. Ren Zano, the man she loves, isn’t quite so sure. The Rock Chicks, Hot Bunch and the entire gang at Fortnum’s weigh in, and a Rock Chick Revolution starts brewing.

It’s up to Ally to control it and prove what she knows down to her bones.

She’s a Rock Chick, she deserves her hot guy and she’s going to keep the one she wants…

Because she’s a Nightingale.

Review: Surj 


Two Christmases ago, I started reading Kristen Ashley's "Rock Chick" and because I fell in love with all the characters I'd met in this book, I needed more... so much more. And so (very quickly) this series became my addiction and I devoured all seven books (that were out at the time) within the space of a week. I brought the paperbacks, I got the hoodie and I even got the Tshirts... Some would say I was a little crazy but the stories told were just brilliant and I honestly couldn't get enough. The guys were hot, the gals were sassy and the secondary characters were just awesome. By the time is finished the last book, I truly felt like I was part of the Nightingale Security family. Two years on and I finally got around to reading "Rock Chick Revolution;" the last book in the series which gave me Ally and Rens story and as much as it guts me to say this, it didn't blow my rock chick socks off. Don't get me wrong, it was good and there were elements that were bloody brilliant but it took me a week to read it and that's saying something. 


"For God's sake, yes!" I yelled. "We're making it official!" 

Hank looked to the ceiling. 

Lee looked to his boots. 

"Explains why apartments are exploding," Luke commented. 
"A Rock Chick has set her sights on a hapless male."

I can't quite put my finger on what it was specifically.. Maybe it was lots of little things but this book felt long... really long and there were times I felt I'd been reading forever but the story hadn't much moved on. I wanted that spark, that excitement, that warmth I got from reading a KA book but there were times this definitely lacked and I could quite happily but the book down and pick it up hours or even a day later. This truly devastated me as I adore this authors work.

"You’re the best I’ve ever had, Ally. Bar none. 
And the way you love, stubborn, tough, unshakeable, 
is unbelievably f*ckin’ beautiful. And still you're a pain in my ass."

In true Kristen Ashley style though, her characters remained as kick ass as ever. With Ren and his hot alpha ways that left me swooning like a silly school girl and Ally with her fiery, sassy, head strong yet stubborn temperament with a side order of vulnerability, and I was in KA character heaven. What I felt lacked with this couple though was the steaminess I'm used to getting from the hot bunch. As much as Ren and Ally loved to do the dirty... anywhere, anyhow (yup they were at it like rabbits), I guess I wanted more detail (call me a perve) but that's what I loved about the previous books... Those sizzling steamy sex scenes but these seemed a little rushed and they were over just as I was getting that fuzzy, toe curling feeling.


The gang all featured quite heavily in this final instalment which was I loved and we got a healthy dose of Shirleen, Daisy, Darius, Tex and Duke too, all playing big parts in the unfolding of various plot lines. We even saw the reappearance of Rosie, which didn't bode well for the rock chicks or the hot bunch.. you see where Rosie went, trouble usually followed.. lol. 

"I fell in love with him chickie. in one night, I fell in love."

This was a romance through and through but as I've grown to know and love with this author, there was also a healthy dose of mystery suspense action, drama and of course comedy which was the icing on the cake. I loved all the tying up of loose ends. I loved the births and marriages and I especially loved the epilogue which left be feeling excited for the gang but also sad that their stories were all coming to a close. If you haven't met the Rock chicks and the Hot Bunch yet, I'd highly recommend each of their books. Trust me, you will not be disappointed. This final instalment gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️

... and people needed to believe in fairytales. Even flawed ones. 
Maybe especially flawed ones. And they needed to believe always. 


No comments:

Post a Comment