Monday 22 December 2014

Review: Tina Reber's "Jacked (Trent Brothers #1)".

Review: Tina Reber's "Jacked (Trent Brothers #1)".


Synopsis: 

We all have skeletons in our closets. 

Doctor Erin Novak was only sixteen when she was accused of a crime she didn't commit. Since that moment, she has made it her life goal to pursue emergency medicine, pouring her heart and soul into assuring another innocent life isn’t lost to the hands of the wicked.

We all have secrets we've never shared. 

Detective Adam Trent has lost control of everything, starting with losing his partner to a punk with a gun and then everything else to the crushing guilt. Now a member of the elite Auto Theft Task Force in Philadelphia, it's his job to be one step ahead of the criminals stealing expensive cars in the city. Too bad the television cameras keep getting in the way of his investigation.

We all have pasts that we can never escape. 

A stolen car, a tragic chase, and a traffic stop crosses the fates of these two, tying them together in ways that are unimaginable. As their love and trust grows, so do the enemies that threaten their survival, testing the strength of their commitment. Can true love endure half-truths, past pains, and secrets never meant to be shared?

Some things are just out of our control. 

Review-Jo

It's feels like a hell of a long time since I read Tina Reber's "Love" series yet it still remains one of my favorites. It's a series that will always be close to my heart so, of course when I heard that Tina was writing a spin off series I was beyond excited. As soon as "Jacked" hit my kindle, my day got a whole lot better! 

This story is all about Detective Adam Trent and Doctor Erin Novak. Adam and Erin find themselves tangled together in more ways than one and when Erin finds herself in the middle of one of Adam's investigations. This story was like a roller-coaster ride. Like one of those roller-coaster's that starts off slow but then suddenly you turn that corner and all hell breaks loose causing you to hold on for dear life. That is the best way I can explain Adam and Erin's journey together. It was a very bumpy ride.

"We may have to live with our guilt, Erin, but together we won't let it define us." 

I absolutely loved Adam and Erin. They were both such likable characters and I immediately found a place for them in my heart. Here were two broken souls, each with their own painful experiences. It was impossible for the pair to forget about their past and it was continuing to play a part in how each of them lived their present lives. I felt truly sorry for Adam and Erin. I hoped that, together they could fix each other and begin a happy future that they both so badly needed.

I'd been bleeding inside for so long, missing something I couldn't quite name. 
It was hard to hide just how desperate I was for her to heal me.

Adam was a sexy, alpha cop and it was impossible not to fall for him. He made me swoon like crazy. At the beginning of the story, Adam had one big passion in his life-his career but then Erin came along and he had something else to feel passionate about. Adam was instantly attracted to Erin but there was so much going on with both of their lives, he wondered if he was the best man for her. On top of that, his job involved dangerous situations and so he felt torn. He was determined to protect Erin anyway that he could but did that mean he had to give up on his one true love?

"You're in my veins, Erin. Understand? You're twisted in deep now. 
I'd never hurt you. Never. Not even if you ripped my heart out." 

Erin was a beautiful person, both inside and out. She was sweet, caring and compassionate and made the perfect Doctor. Erin, like Adam, was passionate about her choice of career and was brilliant and confident at her job but away from her profession, Erin had major self-esteem issues and lacked confidence in herself. So when she met Adam, she just didn't believe that she was good enough for him. The constant feeling of self-doubt just wouldn't go away and was threatening her chance of happiness with him.

He would leave me. Of course he would. It may not be today or tomorrow even, 
but eventually he would. It would be ugly and brutal and lethal to my heart.

I loved the relationship that developed between Adam and Erin. Even though they got off to a very slow start once I had read past the half way mark things quickly started to hot up between the pair. When the couple were together, they sizzled and my heart melted to see how perfect they were for each other.

Adam and Erin faced a minefield of challenges as their professional life and their personal life mingled together and things began to become dangerous. I hadn't got a clue what would happen and for the last part of the story, I couldn't catch a breath as the plot became more intense. I was gripped and for the last hour of reading I could not put my kindle down. I felt so invested in Adam and Erin that I felt like I was right there with them, feeling as scared and worried as they both were. It certainly was edge of the seat stuff!

Now before you start "Jacked" I just want to warn you that it is a long story. Unless your an extremely fast reader be prepared that it will take you a few days to get through but despite this I would say that it was definitely worth the read. Yes, it does start off slowly and it took me while before I was completely pulled in but I was glad I continued to read on because overall, this was story that I truly enjoyed.

I didn't know what I'd done to deserve this man but I now knew I'd kill to keep it. 
Both of us damaged and flawed, and yet together we were more than the sum of our fears.

The final chapter of this story is written from Jason Trent's POV and I have to say that I instantly liked this guy. He had me laughing out loud and I can't wait to get stuck into his book "Amped". I think that is going to be an entertaining read. Can't wait!

"Jacked" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment