Thursday 11 December 2014

Review: Lisa J. Hobman's "Christmas Presence (Bridge Over the Atlantic # 2.5)".

Review: Lisa J. Hobman's "Christmas Presence (Bridge Over the Atlantic # 2.5)". 


Synopsis: 

This is a novella which follows on from Bridge Over the Atlantic and Bridge of Hope and can not be read as a stand alone story.

Mallory got her happily ever after, but haunting loss in the past has her running scared that she will lose her beloved yet again. Can anything...or anyone make her realize she needs to let go of the past and live for today?


Review-Jo 

"Christmas Presence" was a heartwarming story that had me reaching for the mulled wine and the mince pies. If you've followed Mallory and Greg's story, this festive addition to the series is one that you will love. 

This novella began a few years on from the "Bridge of Hope." Mallory and Greg were married with two adorable children and with christmas fast approaching, the family were wrapped up in the excitement that the season brought. However Mallory was finding it difficult to join in with the festive spirit, struggling with memories of the loss she once felt. She became consumed with a fear that she could not ignore and unfortunately this took over. 

Mallory's worry and stress began to concern Greg and he knew something just wasn't right, leaving him feeling insecure and unsettled. Greg was thinking the worst. After reading "Bridge of Hope" I really got to know Greg and for that reason I felt my heart beginning to break for him. I could feel is pain and worry and I felt so sorry for him.

All he craved was her happiness; and the fact that she had 
seemed so lost lately made his heart ache. 

Thankfully, the story wasn't all sadness and heartbreak and I got a perfect ending and one that was truly touching, reminding me of one of the Hallmark Christmas movies that are playing endlessly this time of year. 

"I have to live for now. I have to remain in the present with you and our girls." 

I loved catching up with this couple. It made me happy to have little glimpses into their lives over the past few years as I was treated to flashbacks from their most memorable moments. Mallory and Greg make such a lovely couple and together with their children make a beautiful family with so much love between them. By the end of the story I must have had a big cheesy grin on my face and my heart had melted into a big puddle on the floor. 

"You mean the world to me, Yorkshire girl. Don't ever forget that." 

"Christmas Presence" is a story that all "Bridge Over the Atlantic" fans will not want to miss and it gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment