Wednesday 19 November 2014

Review: Sylvia Day's "Captivated By You (Crossfire #4)".

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Review: Sylvia Day's "Captivated By You (Crossfire # 4)".

Amazon UK:     http://amzn.to/1u9xfvY
Amazon.com:    http://amzn.to/1nZIuuU

Synopsis:

Gideon calls me his angel, but he's the miracle in my life. My gorgeous, wounded warrior, so determined to slay my demons while refusing to face his own.

The vows we'd exchanged should have bound us tighter than blood and flesh. Instead they opened old wounds, exposed pain and insecurities, and lured bitter enemies out of the shadows. I felt him slipping from my grasp, my greatest fears becoming my reality, my love tested in ways I wasn't sure I was strong enough to bear.

At the brightest time in our lives, the darkness of his past encroached and threatened everything we'd worked so hard for. We faced a terrible choice: the familiar safety of the lives we'd had before each other or the fight for a future that suddenly seemed an impossible and hopeless dream...

Review-Jo Rushton 

OMG!! I bloody loved this book. It is, without a doubt my favourite book of the year and was well worth the frustratingly long wait!!

As a huge fan of the "Crossfire" series I have been patiently waiting for the release of this book and so of course, as soon as "Captivated By You" hit my kindle, the do not disturb sign went up and I dived in, eager to be reunited with Ace and Angel. 

In the few days before "Captivated By You" came out, I decided to re-read the previous books from the series. It had been over a year since I'd read "Entwined With You" and I needed a reminder of what had happened. It was also a great excuse to spend my weekend with Gideon Cross. I was so glad  I took the time to do this because not only did it re-affirm my love of Mr Cross but it also jogged my memory to all of the unanswered questions that I was left with at the end of book three. If you have the time, I would definitely recommend a re-read. 

"I want to be the man of your dreams, angel. I want that more than anything." 

So far, Gideon and Eva's journey had been passionate and intense and this book was no exception. It would be impossible for a couple as fiery as this pair, to assume that this book would be all hearts and flowers and although I absolutely love the romance in their story, I also loved the drama that constantly surrounded them. Eva and Gideon have always kept me on my toes and drove me crazy but I wouldn't have them any other way. 

"You two are whack jobs separately. Together, you're a goddamn nut house." 

Sylvia Day said that the final two books were going to be more focused on Gideon. Now that Eva had more or less tackled the majority of her issues, it was time for the attention to turn to Gideon so I was excited to see what this book would bring. Gideon has always been at the very top of my book boyfriend list, second only to Christian Grey but after reading this story I have to be honest and say, Gideon is very close to gaining that top spot! I never thought the day would come when I loved a man more than Mr Grey!! Mr Cross, what are you doing to me? LOL!!

"Tell me you love me." 
"Madly. You rock my world, Mr Cross." 
"You're the center of mine." 

This book was written from duel perspective's so to my absolute delight I got to read Gideon's POV. I truly adored climbing into this man's head, to be given the chance to share his feelings, fears and vulnerabilities felt like a huge gift. Sylvia Day had made all my Christmas's come at once. I was in heaven reading the chapters written from his viewpoint and I found myself falling deeper and deeper in love. Mr Dark and Dangerous sets the standard extremely high for all other book boyfriends in his wake. 

I'd forgive Eva anything. There was nothing she could do or say that would break us apart, 
because I couldn't live without her.

I feel that Gideon and Eva have grown so much as a couple. In this book I was finally seeing them working together as a team and this brought so much joy to my heart. Of course, it wasn't perfect all of the time and the amount of challenges they faced never seemed to let up. At times I feared for their relationship and also their health. Gideon continued to be the alpha male attempting to take on the world. I could feel him getting more and more stressed and I was convinced that he was going to keel over any minute. If he didn't, maybe I would! I was certain my heart was struggling to cope with all of the drama that was happening. 

"I told you I was going to fuck this up. I'll fuck up again. I don't know what the 
hell I'm doing , but God....I love you. I love you so fucking much. I can't do this without you." 

Gideon and Eva share a love like no other. They are consumed by each other. Addicted and obsessed. I felt myself melting into a huge puddle and I'm sure my ovaries exploded several times whilst reading this book. I swooned over their tender moments and I found myself reaching for the fan when it came to the nookie. Wow just wow!!! Ace and Angel have always been hot but in this book they reached a whole new erotic level. A few words of warning...do not read this book on public transport. I was blushing like crazy, my eyes were popping out of my head and I almost missed my stop!! 

"Tell me you want it exactly the way I want to give it to you." 
"And how would that be?"

"Here. On the floor. Your jeans caught around your ankle, 
your shirt pushed up, your underwear pushed to the side." 

I know that my review is ridiculously long and you have probably all ready given up reading this but I just want to say how much I also love the secondary characters in this series. I feel that having so many books has given me the opportunity to truly get to know each and every character so well. There are so many great people in this book and it makes me want to jump into the Crossfire world so I too can be a part of team Ace and Angel! 

I'm sure you will have already gathered that I loved this book with a fierce passion but I also felt that it was extremely bittersweet. Everything about this book gave me goose bumps. I absolutely loved it yet I was also devastated when I had reached the last page. This was one of those books where I really needed time to slow down. The closer I got to the end, the sadder I became because I knew that another wait was in store. Maybe I should have waited until book five was out? Actually, that was just crazy thinking!! Oh well, I could always read this one again! ;-) 

"Captivated By You" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Amazing Crossfire Hearts from me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment