Thursday 30 October 2014

Review: Brittainy C. Cherry's "Loving Mr Daniel's"

5 Hearts Review: Brittainy C. Cherry's "Loving Mr Daniels."


Synopsis:

To Whom it May Concern, 

It was easy to call us forbidden and harder to call us soulmates. Yet I believed we were both. Forbidden soulmates. 

When I arrived to Edgewood, Wisconsin I didn’t plan to find him. I didn't plan to stumble into Joe's bar and have Daniel's music stir up my emotions. I had no clue that his voice would make my hurts forget their own sorrow. I had no idea that my happiness would remember its own bliss. 

When I started senior year at my new school, I wasn’t prepared to call him Mr. Daniels, but sometimes life happens at the wrong time for all the right reasons. 

Our love story wasn’t only about the physical connection.

It was about family. It was about loss. It was about being alive. It was silly. It was painful. It was mourning. It was laughter.

It was ours. 

And for those reasons alone, I would never apologize for loving Mr. Daniels. 

-Ashlyn Jennings

Review-Jo Rushton

"Loving Mr Daniels" was recommended to me by a friend knowing I love teacher/student romance's  and as soon as she mentioned it, I knew that this was a book I had to read. 

"Leave the past behind you so the future can find you," 

Ashlyn had been through a painful, life changing event and nothing would ever be the same again. Ashlyn had no choice but to move away and start a new life somewhere else, a  life that would lead her to Daniel. 

Before her, I never knew life. After her, I'd never know death.

I really liked Ashlyn. She was a bit of a nerd, very intelligent and was a William Shakespeare geek! She was just so different and that's why I liked her. It was a refreshing change to read about a character like her.

When Ashlyn met Daniel Daniels (Great name!) there was an instant attraction. Their eyes met and Daniel saw something there... a connection.. a reflection of his own sorrow. Daniel had also been through his own heartbreak. He knew first hand what Ashlyn was going through.

"The best things in life aren't easy. They are tough, they are painful, and they are raw. 
That makes the arrival to the destination so much sweeter." 

Ashlyn and Daniel were a perfect match. They had so many things in common,including a love of Shakespeare. Reading the scenes where Ashlyn and Daniel recited some of Shakespeare's play's had me swooning and gushing in a big way. They were so sweet. 

It appeared that this couple were truly made for each other, that was until Ashlyn walked into Mr Daniels class! What would Ashlyn and Daniel do now? Would they be able to suppress true their feelings for each other? 

"You know what I like about you so far?" 

"What's that?" 

"Everything," 

I loved Daniel and I felt so sorry for him. He had been through some really bad times and when he met Ashlyn she took away his darkness. For the first time in a long time he was happy but that all came crashing down as soon as Ashlyn walked through his class room door. 

Together Ashlyn and Daniel shared a beautiful relationship. I adored their geeky banter and all of the romantic quotes that they shared. They also were able to help each other through their grief. If only school hadn't got in their way things would have been perfect. 

I loved everything about this story. It was passionate and exciting. I just didn't know how things would turn out between the couple. 

"You're beautiful, Ashlyn. I don't just mean your looks. 
I mean your smarts, your tears, your brokenness. I think that's beautiful." 

Whilst reading this I must have looked like such a dork! I had the biggest, cheesiest, grin and I felt all gooey inside. I didn't want their relationship to end. Things were just too good between them however I knew that staying together would be almost impossible. 

This book wasn't just about Ashlyn and Daniel. The secondary characters also had their own stories to tell. I felt that I got to know theses characters well, taking them to my heart. There was a scene involving one of theses characters that had me reaching for the tissues. This book was not all happiness and rainbows, that's for sure! 

"We burned together. We burned for fun. We burned in front of everyone. We were the stars." 

"Loving Mr Daniels" was a truly beautiful story. I loved the writing so much that I almost highlighted the whole book. There was so many gorgeous quotes. This wasn't just about a teacher/student romance it was also about finding that special someone that was perfect for you and not letting them go. It was accepting that everyone is different and embracing that uniqueness. It was a brilliant read. 

"You don't deserve to be someone's secret, Ashlyn. You deserve to be the 
chorus to a persons favorite song. You deserve to be the dedication in their favorite book."

I adored everything about "Loving Mr Daniels" and it gets 5 Beautiful Hearts from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment