Friday 5 September 2014

Review: Tara Sue Me's "The Training (The Submissive #3)".

5 Hearts Review: Tara Sue Me's "The Training (The Submissive #3)". 

Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1sUkPNE
Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/XA1Riq

Synopsis:

It started with a hidden desire.

Millionaire CEO Nathaniel West has always played by his own strict set of rules, ones he expects everyone to follow—especially the women he’s dominated in his bedroom. But his newest lover is breaking down all his boundaries and rewriting his rule book.

Abby King never imagined that she would capture the heart of Nathaniel West, one of New York City’s most eligible bachelors—and its most desirable dominant. What began as a weekend arrangement of pleasure has become a passionate romance with a man who knows every inch of her body and her soul – yet remains an enigmatic lover. Though he is tender and caring, his painful past remains a wall between them.

Abby knows the only way to truly earn his trust is to submit to him fully and let go of all of her lingering inhibitions. Because to lead Nathaniel on a path to greater intimacy, she must first let him deeper into her world than anyone has ever gone before…

Review-Jo Rushton

This third installment in the Submissive series took me by complete surprise! I enjoyed the first two of the books but this one (for me) was perfect. I loved everything about it. I have to be honest and say that at first, I wasn't as hooked by this series as I had wanted to be. However I quickly became intrigued by the characters and wanted to see where the story would take me. I'm so relived I continued with the series because this book was brilliant and my favorite of all three.

"The Training" was the continuing story of Abby and Nathaniel (So please do not read until you have read the first two books). Abby and Nathaniel were attempting to move forward with their relationship, determined to combine their BDSM lifestyle with their attempt to be a "normal" couple. I became extremely curious about how they would make this work and what the future held for the m.

"You may not have been my first submissive, but I swear by all I hold holy, you'll be my last."

"The Training" was brilliantly written. The BDSM scenes were very detailed and answered a lot of my curiosities and it was obvious the author had done her research. I thought the story was extremely realistic and believable and although I'm no expert on this subject, out of all the books that I've read, this one appears to be the most true to life. I think I got a bit of a BDSM education from reading this one!

I just adored Abby and Nathaniel. I loved how they dealt with all of their fears and anxieties together. They were both unwilling to give up on what they shared and they were working together to achieve the same goal: the possibility of a future together.

"I want you in the morning when you hair's a mess and you're grumpy until you've had 
your coffee. I want you in the evening so you can tell me about your day while 
we make dinner together. And I want you at night because I love nothing 
more than to fall asleep knowing you're closer than my next breath."

I found that both Abby and Nathaniel changed a lot in this story, Nathaniel, especially. He no longer hid behind that confident mask that he'd worn at the beginning and I loved how he was no longer afraid to share his true feelings with Abby. Nathaniel and Abby embarked on a relationship where there was no secrets between them. No more skeletons in the closet. They discussed their concerns, their worries and hopes for their future. There was no holding back for this couple. It really was was a joy to see how far they had come.

I've lived my entire adult life thinking there was something wrong with me. 
Feeling like less than a man because of who I am.To have found you. To have you 
with me like this? And to have you want me? I don't want to be here alone anymore.

Nathaniel opened up a whole new kinky lifestyle to Abby. A whole new world to explore side by side. I loved how they embraced their desires together. They truly were the perfect couple, both in and out of the playroom. Abby and Nathaniel had a whole lot of steamy adventures that heated up my kindle! Life was never going to be boring for these two!

Evil.The man was completely and utterly evil. And I loved it.

I have loved sharing this journey with this couple. Theirs truly was a beautiful story. If you love a kinky romance and want something a bit different, then this series could be for you!

Nathaniel, my beloved. My gentle, considerate lover, who worshiped my body and 
captured my heart. Master, also my beloved. My dominant, who commanded me with a look, controlled my body, and held my soul lovingly in his powerful hands.

At the time of reading this book I assumed that "The Training" was the conclusion to the story however I have now become aware that two more books are to follow. Abby and Nathaniel's journey is not over yet and I can't wait!!!

"The Training" gets 5 perfect hearts from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment