Wednesday 3 September 2014

Review: Tara Sue Me's "The Dominant (The Submissive Trilogy #2)".

4 Hearts Review: Tara Sue Me's "The Dominant (The Submissive Trilogy #2)".


Synopsis:

Nathaniel West doesn’t lose control.

As the playboy CEO of West Industries, he governs the boardroom during the day; as a strict dominant with exacting rules, he commands the bedroom at night. He never takes on inexperienced submissives, but when Abigail King’s application comes across his desk, he breaks his own restrictions and decides to test her limits.

Abby’s combination of innocence and willingness is intoxicating, and Nathaniel is soon determined to collar her as his own. As long as she follows his orders and surrenders herself fully to him, no one will get hurt.

But when Nathaniel begins falling for Abby on a deeper level, he realizes that the trust must go both ways—and he has secrets which could bring the foundations of their entire relationship crashing down...

Review-Jo Rushton

Before I start my review I just want to warn readers not to read this book until you have read the "The Submissive". This series must be read in the correct order.

So after finishing "The Submissive," I couldn't wait to get stuck into "The Dominant," mainly because it gave me a chance to revisit the first book but from Nathaniel's POV and honestly, I couldn't wait to have a good rummage around that mind of his.

Could I put aside my thoughts of Abby, the fantasy I would never have, 
and instead have Abby, the submissive? Yes. Yes, I could. 
Because I was Nathaniel West and Nathaniel West didn't fail." 

I found that this book was a mixed bag for me. Some of the scenes were exactly the same and I didn't learn anything new. However there was also a lot of parts that I really enjoyed and felt that reading them from Nathaniel's perspective shone a whole new light on the story. And for this reason I'm glad that I didn't miss this one out.

After I finished "The Submissive," I was left feeling confused about how I truly felt about Nathaniel. I just couldn't work this man out. What did he really want? How did he truly feel? Well, my questions were answered and boy, was I surprised by what I discovered! It appeared that I didn't really know Nathaniel well at all. Now having read his story, I can whole heatedly say that I have fallen hard for him and I am certain that you will too!

I could never get enough of her and I could never stop...
I was in too deep. Her scent, her touch, her very essence. They were part of me.

There were certain parts of the story I was really looking forward to reading from Nathaniel's POV and it was these parts that made this book worthwhile for me. I got the chance to truly understand Nathaniel's feelings, his fears and what he yearned for the most. It really was a real eye-opener and I'm so glad that the author took the time to write his POV. I felt that this book was essential to the series.

Could I possibly be what she's looking for? What could I offer her? 
How could I complete her? It was absurd. It was wonderful. It was frightening.

I'm so glad that I took the time to read this book. If you have read "The Submissive," I would recommend that you read this one too. It is a must read!

How could I offer her less than what she deserved?...I loved her. 
I would do anything, absolutely anything for her. I would let her go.

I'm off to start "The Training" now and I can't wait to see what lies ahead for Abby and Nathaniel.

The Dominant get 4 Enlightening Hearts from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment