Wednesday 17 September 2014

Review: C.D. Reiss' "Spin (Songs of Corruption #1)".

5 Hearts Review: CD Reiss' "Spin (Songs of Corruption #1)."

Amazon.com:  http://amzn.to/WJcQoj
Amazon UK:   http://amzn.to/1pPuRIL

Synopsis:

Mafia capo, Antonio Spinelli blew through my orderly life like a cyclone.

Gorgeous and passionate, with a breathtaking brutality, he put me under his spell the moment he touched me, drawing me into his underworld of risk, violence and betrayal.

And I found, just as this sophisticated savage didn’t trust me, I didn’t trust myself. Something happened to me. Some alchemy from the heat between us.


I discovered I was a savage, too.

Review-Jo Rushton

C.D Reiss's "Spin" was such a brilliant read. With a gripping plot, a sassy heroine and a sexy, mafia don, what more could a girl ask for? This story had me hooked! 

When Theresa Drazen met Antonio Spinelli her life suddenly got exciting. Theresa found herself experiencing things that she never imagined happening to her and her eyes were opened to a thrilling but dangerous world. Theresa was playing with her fire when she met Antonio but would she stay with him long enough to get burnt?

Antonio had made me feel alive, as if I'd been asleep for months.

Theresa was a brilliant female character. She was strong, confident and feisty. She rocked! I loved how she reacted to Antonio . This girl was not going to roll over and give into his advances easily, making her the perfect match for him. Once she did become involved with Antonio, she began to realize what his life was really like. 

You want a man you imagine. If you knew who you were talking to, 
if you knew what I could turn you into, you'd run.

Most girls would of run a mile but not Theresa. She embraced his risky lifestyle and didn't seem to acknowledge the dangers one tiny bit. In fact she wanted to know everything about his life, so much so she was like a dog with a bone, not giving any thought of the risks she was putting herself in. She was hard core! I don't know if Theresa was extremely brave or just plain nuts but she appeared to have found her calling.  Unfortunately I wasn't sure that Antonio felt the same way. 

"God help me. You make me crazy. We can't be together, 
but you're all I think about. Making you mine completely." 

Antonio was hot!! Extremely hot!! If you love alpha male's you will love him . He was gorgeous, passionate, and totally irresistible. I loved everything about him, even his hot headed temper and his crazy possessiveness. I actually loved that side of him the best. Antonio also had a romantic side that Theresa brought out in him. He was Italian, after all! I found myself kind of jealous of Theresa. Where can I find my own sexy mafia don? LOL!

"I've never wanted a women this much in my life. I'd burn cities to have you. 
I'd fight armies. I'd commit murders to take you right now." 

Together Theresa and Antonio just clicked. Antonio was addicted to Theresa and he just couldn't stay away. I loved how relentless he was in his approach to make her his girl. You've probably already guessed how hot this were couple were together. Oh my, they were hotter than hell! There was some deliciously erotic scenes in this book that I absolutely loved and I have to just mention Antonio's filthy mouth! OMG, he had some dirty words that made me blush. My kindle was overheating and I needed a cold shower, fast! Enjoy ladies! ;-)

"Since the minute I saw you, I've wanted to open your legs and take you." 

So was it simply going to be hearts and flowers between Theresa and Antonio? That would be a big fat no! Antonio's mafia lifestyle brought a truck load of drama and jeopardy into Theresa's life. She found herself caught up in his world and involved in his battles. She was not safe and Antonia was faced with a decision that he didn't want to make. As for Theresa, she knew being with Antonio was deadly, but giving him up was out of the question.

"Are you sure you can love a man who's damned?"
"Only you. Damned or saved, I want only you."

I found myself completely absorbed in this story. I could not put my kindle down and I refused to go to bed until I found out what happened next. I wanted so much for love to win out for Theresa and Antonio but with all of the hazards they faced it appeared highly unlikely.

"I'am not ever afraid, but with you I am. I'm afraid I won't have you, and I'm afraid I will." 

This book was brilliantly written, told from Theresa's POV so I got to know exactly what she was thinking and feeling. I believe the next book is told from Antonio's POV so I can't wait for that one. Thankfully this part of the story did not end in a cliff-hanger. I think if it did, I would have cried! That said, I was left wanting more. Much more. "Spin" was the first book in the series and I can't wait for book two, which is out in October.

"Spin" gets 5 Sexy Mafia Hearts from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment