Thursday 21 August 2014

Review: Tara Sue Me's "The Submissive (The Submissive Trilogy #1)".

4 Hearts Review: Tara Sue Me's "The Submissive (The Submissive Trilogy #1)".


Synopsis

Abby King has a secret fantasy.

New York knows Nathaniel West as the brilliant and handsome CEO of West Industries, but Abby knows he’s more: a sexy and skilled dominant who is looking for a new submissive. Yearning to experience a world of pleasure beyond her simple life as a librarian, Abby offers herself to Nathaniel, to fulfill her most hidden desires.

After only one weekend with the Master, Abby knows she needs more, and fully submits to Nathaniel’s terms. But despite the pleasure he takes in Abby’s willing spirit, the Nathaniel hidden behind the rules remains cold and distant.

As Abby falls deeper into his tantalizing world of power and passion, she fears that Nathaniel’s heart may be beyond her reach—and that her own might be beyond saving…

My Review-Jo 

I've wanted to read this series for a while now after a friend recommended it to me. This week I finally got the chance so off I went, eager to become lost in the world of BDSM!! 

As soon as I began "The Submissive" I couldn't help but notice some similarities between this story and another very well known sub/dom trilogy and I have to be honest and say I was a little disappointed. However I have since read that this series was written before the one that shell remain nameless (Insert shocked face here. LOL) You learn something new everyday!! That bit of information completely took me by surprise. Despite this, I was determined to give this book a chance so I continued. 

Abby applied to be a submissive but not just anyone's submissive. Abby wants to be dominated by Nathaniel West, a very hot CEO. It was this man and this man alone  that excited her and no one else would do. After an interview (who knew you got interviewed for such a position), she was offered a trail period. This is where Abby and Nathaniel story began. 

"I can bring you pleasure, Abigail, pleasure like you have never imagined." 

Both Abby and Nathan intrigued me from the very beginning. Abby was a great female character. She was confident, intelligent and completely comfortable with her own body. She knew what she wanted and was prepared to get it and once she set her sights on Nathaniel West she was determined to get him. Although Abby had no experience of being a submissive she appeared to have done her research into her role and was eager to join Nathaniel's lifestyle. 

Nathaniel was exactly what I imagined a dominant to be like. He came across to be masterful and self-assured. Confident in his own actions. He excelled at being a dom.

His words sent an electric shock from my head to the aching spot between my legs. 
There was a reason he was a master-
he could do more with a few simple words than most men could do with their entire body.

As the story progressed and I got to know more about Nathaniel, I found myself becoming even more interested in this man. This story was written from Abby's POV so I guessed that it would be a while before I found out if Nathaniel had any skeletons in his closet. 

I could be careful. I would handle him with kid gloves, draw him out slowly, 
he wouldn't know what him. Handle him carefully, indeed. 
And bring the wall down, brick by brick.

So Nathaniel and Abby began their trial period together  with Abby learning quickly and embracing the lifestyle. Nathaniel and Abby shared some extremely hot scenes with an abundance of kink  and without giving anything  away, let's just say Abby was a very lucky girl!! lol. 

"I want you totally bare beneath that dress, 
I want you to go out knowing that I can lift your skirt and take you anytime I want." 

Although I enjoyed reading some of the erotic scenes, a few of the punishment and training scenes made me feel a little uncomfortable. One of them being where Abby was made to sleep in a pallet. For me this was a step too far. I think I would have thrown the pallet in his face if it was me!! At the same time I do understand that in this lifestyle this sort of thing does happen and hey, Abby could have used her safe word! 

His arms were heaven I never wanted to leave.

So the story continued and it became clear that Abby was falling for her Master but I wasn't so sure that he felt the same way. Nathaniel was not exactly an open book with his feelings and I couldn't help but wonder if Abby was going to get her heart broken. 

I had a crazy fantasy about being Nathaniel West's submissive. Submitting to his control, 
being under his will. I'd come to terms with the fact that I'd fallen for him, 
but what about how he felt about me? Was it possible that he had fallen, too? 

There were times when I thought maybe he wanted more but then out came his dominant side again. I just couldn't guess what was going to happen and that's why I became a little confused with how the story progressed. Nathaniel suddenly changed, he went from being this confident and masterful man to appearing insecure and vulnerable. The change was too quick  for me and and unfortunately that made it all the less believable.

"You were the goddess I longed to worship. My obtainable dream. 
The relationship I could never hope to have." 

Overall though, I enjoyed this story. I loved how it ended and how the characters had evolved, especially Nathaniel. As you can probably tell I changed my opinion a lot during this story. It certainly gave me a lot to think about where the world of BDSM is concerned. My friends and I had a very lengthy discussion about it! 

I found this book to be very well written and captivating read. I absolutely fell in love with the poetry within the story. It was a beautiful addition to the book. 

I can't wait to read the next book in the series "The Dominant". I am excited to get into the mind of Nathaniel, maybe I will have a totally different view of him by the end! 

We could be beautiful. He just wouldn't admit it. 
He could be my dom, I could be his sub, and it could be beautiful.

"The Submissive" gets 4 Thought Provoking Hearts from me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment