Friday 11 July 2014

Review: Madeline Sheehan's "UnBeloved (UnDeniable #4)."

Review: Madeline Sheehan's "UnBeloved (UnDeniable #4)."

Amazon UK:      http://amzn.to/1lZihFd
Amazon.com:     http://amzn.to/1zt82mA

Synopsis:

Dorothy Kelley is a born romantic, searching for her prince. Instead she finds herself pregnant at fifteen, and a in a loveless marriage by the tender age of eighteen. 

Then hope comes riding into her life on a motorcycle and within weeks, Jason “Jase” Brady, a member of the Hell’s Horsemen motorcycle club, sweeps Dorothy off her feet.

But nothing is ever simple for Dorothy. Jase is married with children. And as Dorothy patiently waits for Jase to give her the happily-ever-after she’s been dreaming about, James “Hawk” Young, a member of the Hell’s Horsemen with secrets of his own, sees an opening into Dorothy’s life and takes it.

Carrying on two secret affairs is no easy feat. As Dorothy tries to dig herself out of the mess she’s created, covering one mistake with another, tragedy strikes, nearly costing Dorothy her life and that of her unborn son.

What follows is a long and painful journey of self-discovery and forgiveness, as Dorothy comes to realize that home was exactly where she’d left it, and the love she’d forever craved had always been within her reach.

This is the story of Dorothy, Jase, and Hawk.

We are all born pure; it is our journey that burdens us and leads us astray. Our mistakes that beat us down and cover us in guilt and shame, burying us a little more with each passing hardship. It is up to us to dig ourselves out, to come to terms with our faults, to embrace not only our imperfections but those of the ones we love, and to once again find the path we strayed from. 

Warning: This is not a conventional or predictable love story. It involves one woman and two men bound by a love so destructive it spans two decades, pitting brother against brother, and shattering the lives of those touched by it.

Review: Surj Harvey

Madeline Sheehan's "UnBeloved" had been sat on my kindle since release day and as much as I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book, I just knew it wasn't going to be an easy story to read and so I kept putting it off, protecting that fragile little heart of mine. Nearly two weeks later, I mustered up the courage and turned the first page and yup, instantly I felt the tears start to well in my eyes.... fuck... Dorothy, Jase and Hawk's story was well and truly going to break my heart... and it did. It was like a damn had broken, the water works on constant and as much as I tried to shake some sense into myself, as much as I told myself this was only a work of fiction and that I needed to pull myself together, I just couldn't stop crying!!! 

This isn’t just my story, the story of a broken woman who lost her way. 
It’s also the story of my children, the men I loved, and the friends who were more 
family to me than my own. This is the story of us all, all our fates intertwined. 
And for that reason alone, pain and death be damned, I wouldn’t change a thing.

"UnBeloved" was Dorothy, Jase and Hawk's story but it was also the story of so many other characters I'd grown to know and love over the course of the "UnDeniable Series." It was about the journeys each and every one of them had taken that had lead them to the doors of The Hell's Horseman MC. The mistakes that were made along the way, the people that were hurt and the lives that were taken. I saw characters grow older and wiser. I saw many a life changing moment lead to big decisions being made. 

"I'm kinda broken."
"We're all a little broken." 

There were characters who sought forgiveness and redemption for the sins they'd committed. There were sacrifices made. There were births, deaths, marriages and even a prison sentence thrown in for good measure. There were promotions and a few retirements along the way too. But through it all, through all the ugliness, the hurt and the pain, I saw love....so much love my heart was close to bursting. I could feel it in every ounce of my being. It was real, heart pounding, unconditional love and it was beautiful. 


Life was made up of moments, big ones and little, the good and bad, dark and light. 

We never remembered the gray, the times in between, but instead only the moments that had 
the ability to transform us in some way, affect us so completely that the memory would be 
forever etched upon who we were, who we are, and who we would become.


This book was truly amazing, the story and the characters well and truly embedding themselves into my emotions, making me feel every single thing they went through. I felt joy and sorrow, love and happiness and every now and again, I even found myself laughing. Yup there was humour... come on Kami and Cox continued with their bickering which was just laugh out loud hilarious. 

"Fuck that asshole. Forty-three and he's still going at it like a jack hammer on crack 
every chance he gets. He was wearing me out. It's his fault I'm getting wrinkles." 

Madeline Sheehan's story telling ability is a cut above. It's unique, engaging and captivating. Her words have a way of drawing you in right from the start, emotions bleeding from every single sentence on every single page. Her characters are unconventional. Damn, her stories are unconventional but once you're sucked in, that's it... there's no turning back. You fall in love with those you should hate and route for relationships that are so bloody wrong but you don't care because love... well love knows no boundaries and there are no limits when it comes to matters of the heart!!! 

But there was only one who could steal your soul, that untouchable, unreachable place 
inside you that existed only in your mind, that warmed and cooled, fluttered and s
hook without rhyme or reason, and make it theirs forever.

As much as there are still two books left to go in this series, I can already sense that the end is close. When Madeline said everything would come full circle, I can already see that it's starting to happen. There's a feeling of peace, of calmness, of home coming for so many of our favourite characters and that can only mean one thing!!! Yes it's a bitch because I'm not ready to say goodbye, the world of The Hell's Horsemen is one I could get lost in forever. And so I wait with baited breath for the next book. Gah... I can feel the tears coming just thinking about it!!! 

Madeline Sheehan's "UnBeloved" was another 5 Hearts for me!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment