Sunday 27 April 2014

Review: Kerry Heavens "Still Human (Just Human #2)".

Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1f80Pfz
Amazon.co.uk: http://amzn.to/1i4AxKY

Synopsis  


Danny and Liv are back...

Danny loves Liv. He knows he loves her more than she loves him because she ran without a word when she saw their future mapped out before her. He knows he will never love anyone like he loved her and this time he doesn’t think he can move on.

Liv loves Danny. She knows she loves him more than he loves her because he broke her heart in the worst possible way, right when things were falling into place. She knows she will never love anyone like she loves him and this time she doesn’t think she can move on.

They needed a second chance because they just weren’t ready for their first, but when events changed everything between them, they discovered they were just human after all. Now Liv and Danny have to find a way to survive being hurt by each other. 

They doubted, they underestimated and they did believe the worst, but only because they were too young the first time and too vulnerable the second time. But now they have changed and if they are not the same, surely things can only turn out differently?

Review-Jo Rushton 

"Still Human" is the second book in the "Just Human Series."  Book #1 will need to be read first in order to fully understand and follow the story.  

After the epic cliffhanger in "Just Human," I was desperate to find out what was going to happen between Liv and Danny and so I didn't waste anytime in diving right in to this concluding book. The beginning of the story started out quite sad with Danny and Liv literally oceans apart, both completely devastated and heart broken and Danny was at an utter loss as to why Liv had left him. He needed to find out the truth but Liv was being ridiculously stubborn, refusing to listen to anyone's advice and continuing to shut Danny out. She was her own worst enemy. I wanted to give her a good shake!! Poor Danny..  my heart broke for him. 

"I love you, Liv. I will do anything to make you see that." 

So what would happen now? Would Danny give up and go back to the US? Hell no!! He was going to  fight for his girl and fight for what they had and that just made me fall for him even more!!! 

"You told me once that you were afraid I would turn out to be just human and that I 
would hurt you. I told you then that I am just human and that I could be hurt just as easily. 
Well I'm still human...I'm still me and I know we could still destroy each other. But I don't care, because a life without you isn't worth living...I dare you. Let me back in, you won't regret it." 

I loved everything about this story. This concluding part to the series saw Danny and Liv facing many up and the downs as they attempted to fix their broken hearts and their relationship. Once again, I thought the secondary characters were fab. Danny and Liv's close group of friends who were all instrumental in helping to repair their relationship and I just loved how they all supported the couple. They were friends of the best kind.  

"Liv, open your eyes, everyone is rallying round you, including him. 
What are you doing for him? He's far from home, missing his friends and family, 
all for you, and you are like this great big, fucking brick wall." 

"Still Human" was a brilliant conclusion to Liv and Danny's story. The ending was perfect proving that the couple were soul mates that truly belonged to each other. Kerry Heavens has written a beautiful series that I would happily recommend to any of my friends. 
"Still Human" gets 4.5 beautiful hearts from me. 

1 comment:

  1. Our firm, Bostick Communications, distributes press releases via e-mail for our clients who are authors.  These releases make contacts, such as yourself, aware of new books that are available for review.
     
    We would like to add you to that database to receive releases from our clients. 
     
    You will receive two press releases per week on the average. You have the opportunity to specify certain genres that you are interested in to reduce the number of releases you receive, if you wish.
     
    There is no obligation on your part and you may unsubscribe at any time.
     
    If interested please reply back to us and note the genres you review and the site(s) where you post your reviews.

    Thank you for your time to consider our service.
     
    Best,
    Ken Eason
    Bostick Communications
     
    www.bostickcommunications.com
     
    bostickops@gmail.com
     
     

    ReplyDelete