Tuesday 22 April 2014

Review: Beth Ashworth's "Broken Truth (Broken Hearts #1)".

Review: Beth Ashworth's "Broken Truth (Broken Hearts #1)". 

Amazon.com:     http://amzn.to/1hXL8fI
Amazon.co.uk:   http://amzn.to/1mmnEDK

Synopsis 

Life for Charlotte (Charlie) Harris couldn’t be any better at this moment in time. She has her dream job, she has the extremely wealthy knight in shining armour and she has the best friends a girl could ever ask for. On paper, the beautiful world unfolding at her feet almost appears too good to be true for a working class girl from Manchester right?

But what happens when you gloss over the statistics and realise that the happy bubble you have been living in for the past fifteen months has all been a twisted, torturous path of lies? What if you realised that the person you loved wasn’t who they claimed to be any longer? 

With the once sacred and happy memories now turned into hatred and despair, Charlie must now follow her instincts to either forget her past and move on or force the hand that holds the cards to her life to reshuffle the deck before it leads onto the twisted future that lies in store. 

What will she choose? 

Can she forgive and forget for the only man her heart has ever loved?

(Please note that this book contains strong language and graphic scenes of a sexual nature which are intended for a more mature audience.)

Review: Jo Rushton 

"Broken Truth" is written by debut author Beth Ashworth. I one-clicked this a while back and decided it was high time I read it. I wasn't really sure what to expect but this book was brilliant. I enjoyed every page and easily became lost in the story. Beth has truly impressed me! 

In the story I was introduced to Charlie and Callum. Charlie was a hardworking girl that I instantly liked. She appeared to be having so much fun and I loved reading about her life and all of the good time's that she shared with her best friends. Everything was going great for Charlie. She had fabulous friends, a job that she loved and she was hook, line and sinker in love with her man, Callum.

Callum was a hot, successful business man who appeared to truly love Charlie. He showered with money, gave her a beautiful place to live and when they were together, life was good. 

I'm not going to tell you what happens next between Charlie and Callum, you really need to read it yourself. All I will say is that Beth threw me a huge curve ball that I was not expecting!! I knew that something big was going to happen because life just couldn't be so perfect for this couple. I was anticipating something but what happened was a complete surprise. I was in shock. 

"Damn it, Charlie! Do not fucking do this to us! Don't give up on everything
we had just because you're too stubborn to listen to the truth." 

My initial reaction was to hate Callum but as the story progressed it became clear that he was just as devastated as Charlie. 

"I fucking love you! I want us to have our future together!"

My heart broke for the couple and how devastated they both were. I was willing Charlie to give Callum a chance to explain and hopefully put things right between them. 

"I'm warning you, Charlie. You know me well enough to know that I'm going to fight this 
until the bitter end. I love you too much to allow you to just walk out of my life."

I loved this story, It was well written and at parts I found myself really chuckling at some of the comments that the characters made. Because the story was set in Manchester, a place that I've visited many a time, it was really easy for me to imagine Charlie and Callum's life there. I loved that it was a truly British story, even visiting the chippy in one scene during the story. I found this to be a refreshing change. The story ended perfectly with a brilliant epilogue that I absolutely loved. 

"Our future was on course for a path of destruction, Callum.
But we changed it. We chased the darkness away and we won." 

I'm already looking forward to reading the next book in the series. 
"Broken Truth" gets 4.5 hearts from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment