Wednesday 12 March 2014

Review: K.I.Lynn's "Dissolution (Breach #1.5)".

Amazon.co.uk: http://amzn.to/ON3JA4

Synopsis:

He wanted her to leave him, but, in the end, he was forced to do it.

Separating himself from Lila puts Nathan in a level of hell he never knew existed. The journey is a spiraling decent where the beast inside is released and havoc reigns in the arena of self-destruction.

But what is he to do? It was for the best, after all.

The last three chapters of Breach from Nathan’s point of view.

My Review-Jo Rushton

Warning: Do not read this book or review unless you have already read "Breach #1". It is a continuing series.

"Dissolution" was told from Nathan's perspective and covered the last three chapters from "Breach" beginning from when Nathan left Lila in bed with the note to end their relationship. Nathan was in too deep and realised it was safer for Lila if he left her now before things got dangerous. 

She deserved more, so much more than me: an angry, depressed, broken man. 
I couldn't give her what she needed-love. So, I did what I had asked her to do. I left.

In this short novella, I really got a an insight into the troubled mind of Nathan. I got a picture of how he truly felt about his fears, his nightmares and most importantly how intense his feelings for Lila were.

I tried to push her memory away. The feel of her skin, her body beneath mine, 
her smile, her laughter, her mind, her taste, her need. 

My heart not only bled but it shattered into tiny little pieces for Nathan and his tortured soul. I found myself falling deeper in love with him after every page that I read.

It'd been months since I'd awoken without her soft body curled into mine. 
Our limbs entangled. Instead the bed was cold. No good morning kisses. 
No morning sex with my goddess. No sweet smiles from my Honeybear. No Lila, my Lila.

"Dissolution" left me feeling wrecked. A quick read but an essential companion to the "Breach". Do not miss this one out! I gave it 5 tear stricken hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment