Wednesday 5 March 2014

Review: K.I.Lynn's "Breach (Breach #1)".

~ 5 Hearts Review ~ 

Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1mMpn6h
Amazon.co.uk:  http://amzn.to/1bUQQxU

Synopsis:

Delilah Palmer has always maintained control of her life and outward personality, blocking the truth that's just below the surface. Using a façade meant to be normal and hide the scars of her childhood, she's made a good life for herself. Becoming a successful lawyer, she is finally free from the tortured past that haunts her daily. Until he comes along and breaks open the cracks.

Nathan Thorne has a haunted past of his own. On the surface, he is personable, extroverted, and loved by everyone; everything Delilah isn't. However, hidden beneath his charming smile is a dark and tormented man that only Delilah has the power to unveil.

Forced into a small office together, they begin to see through each other's masks, and the magnetic attraction ignites an explosive relationship. Their firm, Holloway and Holloway Law, has a strict non-fraternization policy, forcing them to conceal their breach. But despite their efforts, separation becomes impossible, deceptions escalate, and Nathan begins to teeter on the edge of being overtaken by his past demons.

What dark secrets does Nathan harbor that stop him from giving in, and what is it that keeps him from healing and moving forward? And more importantly, where does Delilah fit into his turmoil? Will they be able to accept love and deal with all the trials that develop as their secrets are exposed, or will they fall through the cracks of their pasts and be consumed by all that haunts them? 

An exciting new romance, Breach will hook readers from the very beginning. With smoldering romance and captivating erotica, this enthralling story is perfect for all. Using shrouded secrets of the past and a combustible relationship that borders on taboo, this thrilling novel ramps up the tension and romance at every turn.

My Review: Joanne Rushton

"The day was the same as the one before as he took from my body, my heart, my soul. 
In return he gave himself to me the only way he knew how: with bruising hands, 
passionate kisses, and hard thrusts. His body was sin, his cock was sin and I was a sinner." 

OMG This book was freaking AMAZING and it's an absolute MUST read that had everything I look for in a brilliant book. There was passion, drama, mystery, angst and some of the hottest sex scenes I have ever read!!

"Breach" was the first book in this series and told the story of Delilah (Lila) and Nathan, two damaged souls whose lives were spiraling downhill at a rapid rate because they were so consumed with their tragic pasts. 

The couple met when they were both placed in the same office at work... the attraction was there from the word go with sparks flying and the sexual tension palpable... holy mother in heaven was it delicious. Despite Nathan and Lila lusting after each other in an epic way they were forbidden to explore these feelings further due to company policy... but would this stop them? 

"You are so fucking sexy, Lila, that all I can think of doing right now is bending you over 
that table and slamming into you, again and again. Y
ou need to be punished for making me want you so this much." 

The electrical current that ran between these two was off the charts and  just kept getting stronger and stronger until SNAP (well it was only a matter of time before they and me could take no more) and that was it... they literally jumped one another... and the rest as they say is history. 

"Baby, you feel so fucking good, so sexy, so fucking irresistible. 
Don't want to fight it anymore. Beautiful lila. You make me crazy." 

Nathan Thorne with his kinky cave man ways, his licking, his sucking,  his biting and most of all, his dirty words. Just WOW, WOW, WOW!! Writing this review is making me blush!! He was one HOT man... I am soooo in lurve!

So the sex between the pair was fanfuckingtastic but please don't think that this story was just about the nookie because it wasn't. It was so much more than that. There was so much going on with this couple, but also so much they were hiding that it was compulsive reading... I just couldn't put the book down.

Nathan and Lila continued to allow the scars from their past to determine each of their future's with Nathan really  struggling with his feelings, desperate not to fall in love.

"I hate that you turn me on. I hate the way I need you all the fucking time. 
I don't want that. I can't want that. I can't want you...but I do, so fucking much I do." 

But why? My brain was working overtime, wondering why he was so damaged, why he was so afraid to commit.  What tragedy had occurred in his life? And then there was Lila, who was also suffering from demons that haunted her daily.  This couple just broke my heart.

"He was a broken man, and it made me wonder - can two broken souls make one whole person." 

"Breach" is easily one of my favourite ever reads. It captured me immediately and I was totally lost in the story. It was just brilliant and so amazingly written, all told from Lila's point of view and I loved each and every word, so much so that I wanted to highlight the WHOLE GOD DAMN BOOK!

This story gave me the mother of book hangovers... and I'm still thinking about it now as I write this review. And  Nathan Thorne... I do believe you are up there in my list of top ten book boyfriends now!!! 

Read this book ladies, you won't regret it! But make sure you clear your schedule first because, believe me, you will want to read the next book immediately after finished this one. "Breach" ends with one hell of a devastating cliff-hanger.

NO ARGUMENT. HANDS DOWN. Breach gets an AMAZING 5 EPIC hearts!!

p.s Sorry about the over use of  shouty capitals but this book deserves SHOUTY CAPITALS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment