Thursday 13 March 2014

Review: K.I. Lynn's "Infraction (Breach #2)".

Amazon.com:    http://amzn.to/1cuXxld
Amazon.co.uk:  http://amzn.to/1hBm4JV

Synopsis

 Waking up in the hospital after a terrible car crash, Lila has a long road of recovery ahead of her. More than just her body, she must recover her heart after an altering declaration by Nathan. With all that happened between them she must chose to forgive him and take him back, or sever all ties. Nathan has a hard road ahead of him to earn back her trust, and doing so will open her up to the possibility of being hurt again. A possibility Lila doesn’t think she can survive. The secrets Nathan keeps buried, hidden from the world, of the life he used to lead are revealed. They tell the horror of what caused the scars on his body, mind, and heart. Can Lila and Nathan push through all of the obstacles in front of them? Will the journey be their healing, or their destruction?

My Review - Jo

I couldn't wait to read this, the second book in the "Breach" series and the minute I finished "Dissolution," I ploughed straight in, not even having time for a quick break. Once again, this story left me feeling so emotional... so many feelings going around in my head and it wasn't helped by the bucket load of drama that seemed to follow Nathan and Lila around... But I loved every second of it!!!

In this book, Nathan and Lila were trying desperately to push past their tragic and haunting pasts and were attempting to  put their love for one another first. This was easier said than done because just as one wall was knocked down, it was as if another was put up.. it was a vicious circle and it was painful to read. I truly wanted the couple to embrace their true feelings for each other and move forward in their relationship but there was still so much they needed to overcome both individually and together. 

"I'm yours. All that I am, if you want it. I'm not much, but I know I can be more with you." 

It made my heart weep with joy as I watched Nathan and Lila turn that corner and become stronger. Once that transition was made, I saw a couple battle their demons together and support one another unconditionally. They fought hard, sharing secrets and opening up their hearts to each other.

"I resigned myself to a solitary existence. Convinced myself I would never love again. 
And then you came crashing into my life. You didn't fawn over me like the others, 
and you saw through my facade into the man hiding inside: destroyed and angry."

I also saw Lila became more confident and feisty in her own right. She was increasingly challenging Nathan with his domineering ways and at times it really made me chuckle. She was not going to let Nathan overwhelm her, which I felt happened in the first book. Nope, she was going to stand up for herself .And  Nathan ... well he would need to work hard to earn both her trust and her heart.

Nathan's changes were all positive. He fought hard to control his temper and save a few walls in the process! He acted so lovingly towards Lila, every time he called her Honey bear or they shared "lovey hugs" my heart  skipped a beat. Don't get me wrong even though Nathan's love for Lila changed him, he most definitely was not becoming a wuss. His dirty talking and alpha male qualities made several appearances along the way. Yet again, I was treated to some extremely erotic scenes and Nathan did not let me down in that department... although he did make me wait!!! 

 In "Infaction"  I felt that the focus had shifted, concentrating on the beautiful journey Nathan and Lila were taking rather then the lust fueled sex that happened at the beginning of Nathan and Lila's relationship. What emerged was a truly beautiful relationship between the pair, making me fall more and more in love with them as I progressed through the story. I felt that there was a calmness surrounding them allowing them to act so freely around each other. Nathan and Lila shared such a powerful love, a once in a lifetime kind of love.

"You are my everything, my future, my Lila. I'm in love with you. I'm so in love with you 
I can't even imagine my life without you. you fill my heart and make me whole. 
No one will ever compare to you or the way you make me feel."

"Infraction" made me smile, laugh and cry in good ways and in bad. Be prepared to be taken on an emotional roller coaster ride with this one. I was relieved that the story did not end with a nasty cliff-hanger this time. I was left feeling happy but fearful for what the future has in store for Nathan and Lila. . Is is May yet? I need book three!!!


"No more masks to hide behind, no more pretending. No more breach. 
Whatever life hurled our way, we would face it together. I couldn't wait." 

Another 5 honey bear hearts for this addictive series.

No comments:

Post a Comment