Sunday 30 March 2014

Review: Jennifer Probst's "Beyond Me (Sex on the Beach)".

4 Hearts Review: Jennifer Probst's "Beyond Me (Sex on the Beach)". 

 Amazon.com:    http://amzn.to/1h0oNJ7
 Amazon.co.uk:  http://amzn.to/1dy4S9E

Synopsis

CAN FUN IN THE SUN TURN INTO LASTING LOVE?

Spring break in Key West with my besties was supposed to be casual fun. But I never expected to meet James Hunt. Sex and frolic? Yes! A relationship? No. But his hot blue eyes and confident manner drew me in. And when he let me see the man behind the mask, I fell hard, foolishly believing there could be a future for us. Of course I never considered our relationship might be based on lies…or that his betrayal could rock my foundation and make me question everything I believed in…

OR WILL A LIFE BUILT ON LIES RUIN EVERYTHING?

The moment I saw Quinn I knew I had to have her. She hooked me with her cool eyes and don’t touch me attitude. I had it all, money, social status, and looks. I could get any girl I wanted…until her. When my friends challenged me with a bet to get her into bed by the end of the week, I couldn’t pass it up. But sex wasn’t supposed to turn into love. She wasn’t supposed to change me, push me, and make me want more for myself. She wasn’t supposed to wreck me in all ways. And now, if I can’t turn my lies into truth, I just might lose her forever…

Review-Jo Rushton 

"Beyond Me" is part of a series of three books. Each book from the "Sex on the Beach" series is written by a different author and can be read as a standalone. The series follows three friends on spring break, each book focusing on one of the girls. In "Beyond Me" I got to meet Quinn. 

Quinn was dragged along to spring break by her two best friends but to be honest, it wasn't really her cup of tea. Quinn was a kind, caring and sweet girl... a bit of a good girl to be honest (not that there's anything wrong with that). A party animal this girl was not so when she found  herself slap bang in the middle of one, surrounded by drink student, she could not have felt more out of place. That was until her eyes landed on one very hot guy... as cliched as it sounds, their eyes quite literally locked across a crowded swimming pool.

"The moment I saw her, my heart stopped. I know it sounds bullshit. 
That stuff doesn't happen. She was fucking gorgeous." 

James was sexy, rich, and a total party animal. He had everything a young guy could want in his life and when he spotted Quinn, he wants her too. A bet was placed and James made his move. 

James and Quinn hit it off straight away. James was intrigued by Quinn because she was just so different to the usual girls that surrounded him. The couple agreed to a date and the date turned into a holiday romance which was cute. As the couple got to know one another, James found he really was able to let his guard down and be himself instead of the play boy his friends saw him as. 

"I can do what I want, when I want.I make my own schedule, travel anywhere in the world, 
and have money and security not to worry. But there's no the other end. 
If I dropped off the face of the earth, no one would give a shit."

I began to feel a little sorry for James, he just wanted someone to love him for who he was rather than the fact that he was loaded. Luckily Quinn saw something in James that no one else ever did. She saw beyond what everyone else saw.  

"I wanted it to be just sex. It would be easier. but you're more, Quinn, much more." 

What started off as a holiday romance soon turned into something much more but what about the bet? I knew there was no way in hell this could ever work out once the truth came out and I was just waiting for it all to come out in the open. 

"Beyond Me" was a sweet story that was perfect for a quick holiday read. I found James and Quinn to be a really cute couple together and they really helped make this book a fun, enjoyable, easy read. There were no emotional roller coasters to ride and the story left me feeling happy. 

"Best.Spring.Break.Ever." 

I give "Beyond Me" 4 happy hearts! 

Links to the other two books in the "Sex on the Beach" series: 

"Before You" by Jenna Bennett
Amazon.co.uk: http://amzn.to/1hxPHc7

"Between Us" by Jen McLaughlin 
Amazon.co.uk: http://amzn.to/1hxQCt5


No comments:

Post a Comment