Thursday 13 February 2014

Review: Samantha Young's "Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street #3)".

~ 4.5 Hearts Review ~

Amazon.com:      http://amzn.to/1aJDljV
Amazon.co.uk:    http://amzn.to/1gZQf05 


Synopsis:

Despite her outgoing demeanor, Olivia is painfully insecure around the opposite sex—usually, she can’t get up the nerve to approach guys she’s interested in. But moving to Edinburgh has given her a new start, and, after she develops a crush on a sexy postgrad, she decides it’s time to push past her fears and go after what she wants.

Nate Sawyer is a gorgeous player who never commits, but to his close friends, he’s as loyal as they come. So when Olivia turns to him with her relationship woes, he offers to instruct her in the art of flirting and to help her become more sexually confident.

The friendly education in seduction soon grows into an intense and hot romance. But then Nate’s past and commitment issues rear their ugly heads, and Olivia is left broken-hearted. When Nate realizes he’s made the biggest mistake of his life, he will have to work harder than he ever has before to entice his best friend into falling back in love with him—or he may lose her forever…

My Review-Jo Rushton:

I'm a huge fan of Samantha Young's "On Dublin Street" series and have loved every single book and novella that has so far been released. So obviously I was excited to read the third book in the series. I am pleased to say that yet again Samantha did not disappoint. "Before Jamaica Lane" is another delicious read that is filled with love and passion.

In this story we get to know Nate and Olivia who are both mutual friends of the "On Dublin Street" gang.

Nate was extremely good looking so he was never short of attention from the ladies. Unfortunately for the ladies, Nate wasn't a relationship kind of guy. All he wanted is sex. nothing more, nothing less. You'd think that with what I've just said, I wouldn't like Nate but I did. I really liked him but I think it was because he didn't come across as  a bad boy or a heart breaker. Nate was just lovely and the friendship he shared with Olivia and the rest of the ODS gang was heart warming to read. Samantha always delivers with the boy's in this series .. they're all so yummy and Nate was definitely no exception. 

Olivia, was a really lovable character. The girl next door, she was pretty, sweet and kind... not a bad bone in her body. However she had a low opinion of herself and she didn't have the confidence to date or meet men so there was no hot boyfriend on the scene. Just yummy Nate.

Olivia and Nate had an easy friendship together, they were best buddies, getting along so well. The couple shared a great banter between them and appeared to really enjoy spending time together. They had a good thing going between them and it was obvious they would make a great couple. So when Nate decided to help Olivia with her dating issues the pair became even closer and sparks began to fly.

I did find myself  falling in love with this story although the beginning did frustrate me a little. I felt that the build up was quite slow and I am one  impatient girl!  But the wait was well worth it, my patience paid off because once the story picked up pace It was fab and I was hooked. Olivia and Nate were freaking hot together!! They were so intense, and couldn't seem to keep their hands off each other. I loved how Nate and Olivia blossomed together. Nate completely changed and Olivia became so much more confident in herself.  Love truly suited this couple.

"No one has ever made me feel like the person I've always wanted to be until you. You make 
me feel beautiful, Nate. All the way through. No one else has ever given me that. No one."

I'm not saying that everything went perfectly between the couple. With Nate's previous record with the ladies there was bound to be problems but I remained optimistic and invested in the fact that Olivia and Nate could work things out. I am such a sucker for a happy ever after!

"You're not ready to hear this yet, but I need you to know that I'm going to fight for you.
 I'm not making the mistake of walking away from you again. 
The only man in your future is me, Liv. The only kids in your future are mine."

Samantha wrote a beautiful epilogue that made me swoon, I loved every single word. It was another perfect ending for another fantastic book.

If you haven't read any of the books from the "On Dublin Street" series I give them a big fat recommendation. The books can be read as stand alones but to be honest I would recommend reading them in the series order. The characters are intertwined throughout each book so to get the full story of each couple it is best to start from the beginning.
I rated this book 4.5 delicious hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment