Thursday 12 December 2013

Review: Sylvain Reynard's "Gabriel's Redemption (Gabriel's Inferno # 3)".

@cooljo78    @sylvainreynard
Review: Sylvain Reynard's "Gabriel's Redemption (Gabriel's Inferno # 3)". 

~5 Hearts Review ~

Amazon.co.uk:  http://amzn.to/IKNU93

Synopsis:


Professor Gabriel Emerson has left his position at the University of Toronto to embark on a new life with his beloved Julianne. Together, he’s confident that they can face any challenge. And he’s eager to become a father.

But Julianne’s graduate program threatens Gabriel’s plans, as the pressures of being a student become all consuming. When she is given the honour of presenting an academic lecture at Oxford, Gabriel is forced to confront her about the subject of her presentation – research that conflicts with his own. And in Oxford, several individuals from their past appear, including an old nemesis intent on humiliating Julia and exposing one of Gabriel’s darkest secrets.

In an effort to confront his remaining demons, Gabriel begins a quest to discover more about his biological parents, beginning a chain of events that has startling repercussions for himself, Julianne, and his hope of having a family.


My Review-Jo Rushton:

Warning: "Gabriel's Inferno" and "Gabriel's Rapture" MUST be read before reading "Gabriel's Redemption".  Links at the bottom of this review

To be quite honest it's been a while since I've read the first two books in the "Gabriel" series and I'd forgotten how beautiful Gabriel was. However it really didn't take long for me to be reminded. As soon as I began reading I found myself  falling in love with this gorgeous man all over again!

I loved everything about this third and final book, from start to finish. It was simply perfect, a joy to read, one of my favourite books of this year and totally worth the wait.

In "Gabriel's Redemption" I saw Gabriel and Julianne continue their  married life, determined to overcome the many obstacles that were thrown their way. Along with the reappearance of  people from their past that were out to cause trouble, there was also the matter of a baby to think about. Gabriel was desperate for a little one but Julianne felt that the time wasn't right for her yet. This couple really needed to work this out together and find a solution that would not upset their marriage or their love for one another.

I easily became involved in the drama's that being married bought for Gabriel and Julianne. I found myself on the edge of my seat at times, often wondering if this was the part that it would all end in tears. I was convinced that something would go wrong.

Gabriel continued to be the most perfect husband. If you cast your mind back to the first book "Gabriel's Inferno" and remember how Gabriel was back then you realise how much being in love has changed him. I loved Gabriel. I loved his sense of humour, I loved the sexy things that he said and did. I even love it when he lost his temper especially when it was to defend his beloved Julianne. Gabriel was definitely the total package.

"For you my love, I would endeavour to pluck the stars from the sky, 
only to shower them at your feet."

It wasn't just Gabriel that had changed though. With the support of this man, Julianne realised that she needed to find the strength to overcome what ever life threw her way, including the awful "Christa". When Christa returned to cause problems, Julianne didn't waste anytime letting her know how things stood between them. It was high time that Julianne stood up for herself and her man!

"I love all of him-the light and the dark, the good and the bad. That's why he's with me. 
He left the others behind and he will never go back. So do your worst, Christa. 
But if you are planning to seduce my husband, you-will-fail."

Gabriel's and Julianne's journey was truly  a beautiful one. I found myself becoming quite emotional in parts. The loving couple had gone through so much together, refusing to give up on their love for each other. They were soul mates, striving for their own happy ever after.

What I also enjoyed about this book was that Sylvain did not leave any of the familiar characters out from the previous books, we got to check in with them and see how they were doing too.  Sylvain did not left any page unturned. I was especially touched when I read about Richard and his late wife Grace.

"That night when the house was empty and quiet, Richard could almost imagine Grace getting into bed with him. He rolled onto his side and slept peacefully before meeting her in his dreams."

As always the writing was exquisite. I found myself getting so lost in this book I wanted to savour it, to make it last as long as possible rather then reading it in one sitting. When I finally got to the end I was a wreck! Big fat tears were falling from my eyes. Sylvain Reynard has written one of the most perfect endings in a book that I have ever read.

"This is the culmination of all my hopes, Gabriel. This is my happy ending."

I am so glad that the author decided to write "Gabriel's Redemption", to give Gabriel and Julianne an end to their story, and for Gabriel to really find his redemption.

This book wholeheartedly deserves a whopping 5 hearts!!

Gabriel's Inferno
Amazon.co.uk:  http://amzn.to/1btNi2T

Gabriel's Rapture
Amazon.co.uk: http://amzn.to/J3PWCe.

No comments:

Post a Comment