Monday 23 December 2013

Review: Jamie McGuire's "A Beautiful Wedding."

@JamieMcGuire   @KirstyLBooks
Review: Jamie McGuire's "A Beautiful Wedding."

~ 5 Hearts Review ~

Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/1kuQWuj
Amazon UK:  http://amzn.to/1btQISa

Synopsis:

You know that Abby Abernathy unexpectedly became Mrs. Maddox. But what do you really know?

Why did Abby pop the question?
What secrets were shared before the ceremony?
Where did they spend their wedding night?
Who else knew about it . . . and didn’t tell?


Everything about Abby and Travis’s elopement was top-secret . . . until now. Fans of Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster will get all of their questions answered in this whirlwind tale of the wedding day (and night!)—and as with all good stories, this one will definitely have been worth the wait.

Review: Kirsty Lander

Oh I really, really loved this novella.

"Happy anniversary, Pidge."
"One down, forever to go."

This felt like the shortest book in the history of books.. there was so much to it, but at the same time it was over way too quickly for me. I know I shouldn't be greedy, I never expected to get this part of the story (and admittedly, I didn't really want/need it) but in the end I was so happy to be reading it. 

There's just something about this couple that I can't help but love. Maybe it's Travis in particular, maybe it's that Abby really isn't the whiney type, I don't know.. but I could read about them always. As I said, I wasn't really up for reading about the wedding, I'd have preferred something in between the end of Beautiful Disaster and the epilogue, but I was wrong.. I loved this wedding. Flaws and all.

"The only thing I'm afraid of is a life without you, Pidge."

There was a flaw, or two.. I didn't like Abby's original reasoning for asking Travis to marry her. He deserved more than that, but I'm glad in the end she sorted herself out, and married Travis because he is the love of her life.

I loved the ending of this book. I admit I had tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat.. it was so emotional, and truly just perfect.

"I guess the beautiful disaster turned into a beautiful wedding."

I rated "A Beautiful Wedding" 5 massive Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment