Monday 25 November 2013

Review: T.M Frazier's "The Dark Light of Day."

@TM_Frazier   @KirstyLBooks
Review: T.M Frazier's "The Dark Light of Day."

~ 4 Hearts Review ~

Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/I8ncau
Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1c11GPY

Synopsis:

Warning: This is not your typical romance. The story of Abby & Jake contains disturbing situations, graphic violence, sex, rape, strong language, drug use, and all types of abuse.

Abby has been through hell and has survived one of the most brutal childhoods imaginable…barely.

To the outside world she's just a loner with an attitude.

When her grandmother dies in a tragic explosion, Abby is left with questions-and nothing else.

Homeless, sleeping in a junkyard, and on the run from a system that has failed her over and over again, she meets Jake, a tattooed blue-eyed biker with secrets that will rival her own.

Two broken souls that can't be healed. They can't be saved.

Abby & Jake must reveal to one another their most guarded secrets and discover if they can embrace the darkness those secrets hold-and the darkness within themselves.

If they can accept one another for who they really are, they might be able to learn that love isn’t always found in the light.


*stand alone novel, HEA in a twisted kind of way, no cliffhangers, no sequel

Goodreads:   http://bit.ly/16mW6Rv

Review: Kirsty Lander

"Even though life hands you a big pile of shit, 
you don't have to roll around in it and make shit angels."

I really loved this book in all its raw and gritty glory. The beginning was a little slow for me and that's the main reason I had to give it 4 stars instead of 5. By around the 50% mark though I was completely and utterly hooked and couldn't wait to find out how the story was going to continue on, and eventually end. I found myself reading until all hours of the night and that's always the sign of a good book.

The Dark Light of Day doesn't have you warm and fuzzy kind of characters.. instead they both harbour dark and painful secrets which have, in turn, caused them to both be dark people who don't trust or love anybody. Life has dealt them with the most awful of cards, so you can hardly blame them for their views on life. It was pretty damn sad to witness.

"We're all a little damaged, Bee. Some of us more than others."

I particularly enjoyed the relationship between Abby (Bee) and Jake. As I said, they both have their own secrets, which neither were willing to share at first, which was perfectly okay for them both. I loved that they didn't push each other, they didn't try and make the other talk when it was clear they were uncomfortable and they were just generally, a perfect match. 

Like I said, it took me a little while to really find myself hooked on the story, but once I did I really enjoyed everything. I wasn't sure what to expect from the ending, I really didn't now whether there was going to be any kind of HAE, but I will just say I was satisfied and the ending couldn't have been more perfect for me. I'll certainly be on the look out for anymore work that T.M. Frazier writes.

"Sick, twisted Abby was in love with the sick, twisted, beautiful Jake."

I rated "The Dark Light of Day" 4 Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment