Wednesday 6 November 2013

Rebiew: Amelie Fisher's "Greed (The Seven Deadly Sins # 2)."

@KirstyLBooks
Review: Amelie Fisher's "Greed 

~ 3 Hearts Review ~


Amazon UK:   http://amzn.to/1diSV3H
Amazon.com:  http://amzn.to/1diT1bn

Synopsis:


Gather ‘round, love, because I want you. I want what you have, I want what you don’t have, I want more of what I already have. I want. But if you so much as ask for something in return, go ahead and walk away. Know if you want to play in my world, it’s every man for themselves and the weak become mine. Leeches will be obliterated because I make it my job to destroy them. I protect what’s mine and I take what’s yours…because that’s what I do. I want.

My story will not endear me to you and, frankly, I could care less if it does because I’m in this for the money and nothing else. There’s nothing redeeming about me. I’m a corrupt, money hungry, immoral asshole from Los Angeles. I’m every man’s worst nightmare and every girl’s fantasy.

I’m Spencer Blackwell…And this is the story about how I went from the world’s most coveted guy to the guy no one wanted around and why I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.

Review: Kirsty Lander:


It's so hard to write a review when you neither loved nor hated the book. Greed was just an okay read to me. It had it's great moments, but it also had it's boring moments. It had some great characters, but as well as that it had some bloody awful characters. Unfortunately, those not so great ones were the main characters.

"The running mantra is "I want, I want, I want" but that quickly turns to
 "I need, I need, I need."

I do not know what has happened to Spencer in between Vain and Greed, but he is not the same character we all got to know a little there. This Spencer.. he.. he kind of made me cringe. A lot. In the beginning I kind of liked him, who doesn't like the asshole type of book boyfriend? I know there aren't many of us. And that's what he was.. he did what he had to to get himself what he wanted, whether that be money, power or ladies. He had to have it. But before long, Spencer and his sister, Bridget, have moved to live on a ranch with nothing around and he is just a BORE. 

On the ranch, there's a chick.. oh no, not just any chick. She is like a freaking goddess in Spencer's eyes. Which was confusing in itself because on one hand he is explaining how she is oh so wonderful, but on the other he's almost calling her plain.. nothing like he normally goes for. He confused me. Anyway, I thought I'd try and give him the benefit of the doubt, he's just met this goddess and he's kind of obsessed. The poor guys not been in love like this before, it's new to him, maybe that can excuse some of his god awful cheesy behaviour. But apparently that was not to be the case.. he just did not stop this craziness. It was too much for me sometimes.

"Whether they're aware of it or not, if their heart beats your name, answer the call."

Bummer, I know, but Cricket was a freaking bore to me as well. I just didn't feel like there was anything to her.. no depth, nothing. She was just a simple girl, who apparently had some kind of special power around her because Spencer was just captivated by her. I didn't get it, and I really didn't start to believe in their relationship until late on in the book. I don't really think it's a spoiler for me to say, but Cricket actually has a boyfriend in the start of the book and when I discovered this, I admit to rolling my eyes a little. I wasn't in the mood for a love triangle, and that's exactly what this turned out to be. For a love triangle I think you either have to have the original couple splitting early on, or you need to go all out and have cheating and the likes. This was neither. One minute Cricket was with her boyfriend and happier than ever, the next, when the split eventually came, it was over at the click of a finger. I think Fisher was too easy on her.

I realise I've bitched quite a bit about this book, and I sound as if I didn't enjoy any of it, but that's not the case. I did enjoy a large chunk of it, it just happened to be the bits that weren't about the main characters. I enjoyed the side story of Spencer's sister, Bridget, and why she went away to the ranch with him. I wish this had been her story because I just know I would have been so much more interested. I even enjoyed the couple that was Cricket's grandparents. I'm not saying I'd want to read a book about them (please, no old people book), but their story was interesting, and their parts in the book were enjoyable for me to read. I simply didn't click with Spencer and Cricket, so having the whole book their story, I guess it was, at times, a little too sickly sweet for me. I needed more angst.
description


The next book, Fury, is actually about Ethan, Cricket's ex, and I will be excited to get to that one, as long as the whole book doesn't have him on the ranch again. Whilst I enjoy descriptions, I like to really feel as if I am there.. this got too much at times. I didn't need to always know about the cows, the horses, or the freaking hay bales. It had me losing interest.. rapidly. So, yes, I was a little disappointed in this book, especially after how much I loved Vain, but I'm certainly not giving up on the series. Maybe the next one will be right back on track again.
I rated "Greed" 3 Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment