Monday 7 October 2013

Review: Madeline Sheehan's "UnAttainable."

Review: Madeline Sheehan's "Unattainable."

Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/16gVCTI
Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/16z3FFS

Synopsis:


Warning: This is not a virtuous and tender love story. It’s chaotic, ruthless, and tragic. This story takes love and kills its innocence, steals away the pure moments, and crushes the hearts of the broken. A story born in childhood, tying one girl to one boy, leads to a destructive path—that hurts more than it doesn’t, that shatters more than it heals—testing the love that binds the two through a lifetime. 

Tegen Matthews is the daughter of Dorothy Kelley, a club whore in the Hell’s Horsemen. A plain little girl, Tegen falls into the gritty world of the motorcycle club. When she meets a sweet, caring boy, she embraces the warmth and affection he shows her. Cage West is the son of the president of the Hell’s Horsemen. Tall and blond with deep brown eyes, as he grows up Cage realizes the power of his dimpled smile and smooth drawl. With one chance encounter, Tegen becomes forever tied to Cage. Following is a wayward journey that is filled with regrets, mistakes, and heartache, pulling at the threads that hold them together. Cage and Tegen fight hard but love harder, and in the end, what matters is where the journey takes one girl and one boy, who have been twined with one another since the beginning. 

This is Tegen and Cage’s story. 

Love doesn’t erase a broken heart, and it sure doesn’t change people. But no matter how old, how flimsy, how frayed the rope of love is, it keeps you tethered to the people you love.

Review: Surj Harvey

OMG Madeline Sheehan, you wrote yet another blinder with "UnAattainable." I'd been looking for my next 5 Heart read for a while and this.... well if I could give it more, I bloody well would! This is the third book in the "Undeniable Series" and Madeline still found ways to shock me, pull me out of my comfort zone, make me squirm in my chair and to top it off she made me fall in love with two guys I would more than likely run a mile from in real life. Oh yes ladies... welcome to the world of The Hell's Horseman. 

Cage and Tegan's story... holy mother in heaven did these two need an intervention. I could tell from the word go, this girl was angry. God she was so mad with the world, with Cage, her mother, the club, with Jase and Hawk... to be honest, it was probably easier to say who she wasn't mad at and trust me... that list was short.... very short. Tegan had loved Cage for as long as she could remember but one night was all it took for him to trample on that already fragile heart:

Love has the potential to kill a person if they aren't careful. I wasn't careful. 

And from that moment, everything changed and I could feel her anger, resentment and bitterness literally radiate off the pages. She wasn't about to forgive this man... not a cat's chance in hell despite the fact that he still had a firm grip on her heart. Their relationship was volatile at the best of times ("A catastrophe of fucking and fighting") and I just loved that she had an answer for everything... it usually left him dumb founded and left me in stitches:

"Do you ever shut the fuck up?" He growled. 
"Ever?" Tegan closed the remaining inch between them. 
"Only when I'm taking it up the ass," She hissed.

Cage was so much like Deuce...he was completely alpha, over bearing and bossy like you wouldn't believe:


"I'm laying claim to you, Tegan, every single fuckin' part of you, right the fuck now."
"You can't have any part of me."
"Wrong," he growled. "I've always had you. Only difference is now, I'm takin' you."

How could you possibly say no to such romantic words? lol. The tables were turning on Cage West and where once, women fell at his feet, now he would have to work at it if he wanted this girl. That was never going to be easy because if it wasn't Tegan fighting it, it was the meddling of the most unsuspecting of characters that would tear them apart... yup that definitely left me surprised. 

Although "UnAttainable" was predominantly Tegan and Cage's story, I was also given Dirty and Ellie's story and that was both horrific and heart breaking to read:

"He was nothing. He was shit. He was a damaged, deranged, sick motherfucker 
who deserved to be put the fuck down.."

I couldn't help but feel for Dirty. Yes I know he did some god awful things but when he relived his past, his childhood, I could have cried for the child that was and the man he had become. 

And that is something Madeline does so perfectly. She provides the readers with a wealth of information about each of her characters (their past, their present, she lets us get inside their heads and have a good rummage around but most importantly, there's no sugar coating). She gives us the good, the bad and the ugly (and there's a lot of ugly). Where (in real life), these bad ass bikers would  put the fear of god into us and more than likely make us physically sick with some of the things they've done,  somehow, we connect with them. And I did. I couldn't help it and there was no point in fighting it. Each of them took a piece of my heart and I gave it up willingly. 

Madeline Sheehan's writing is amazing. Her words raw, and so uninhibited. Her graphical descriptions of events makes you relive them in your head but that isn't always a good thing... in fact in some cases it can be stomach churning making you wonder why the hell you're still reading... but you do  read on because you're completely invested in the story line and characters have you by the balls.  "UnAttainable" was unpredictable. Just when I thought I knew the direction the story and the characters were going, something would happen to blow my theory out of the water. Deuce really pissed me off and ZZ... holy shit was I left catching flies when I discovered whose bed he'd been sharing!!!!  Yup, expect the unexpected... That's what this lady does best. You think you know the Hell's horseman, think again. The twists and turns in this book and there were a few, left me open mouthed, my heart rate going to ten to the dozen  and left me nervous as hell for the characters. 

Madeline's books aren't everyone's cup of tea  but they are most definitely mine. If you're looking for a conventional, formulaic love story, you won't find it here. 


From chaos, the strongest sort of love is usually born.

I couldn't begin to give "UnAttainable" anything less than 5 Huge Hearts... it truly deserves nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment