Saturday 26 October 2013

Review: Karina Halle's "Bold Tricks."

@KirstyLBooks     @MetalBlond
Review: Karina Halle's "Bold Tricks."

~ 4 Hearts Review ~

Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/1eBeJI8
Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/19jOROM

Goodreads:       http://bit.ly/17WZlji

Synopsis:

With more lives at stake and games in motion, Ellie, Camden and Javier form an uneasy alliance that will take them from the treacherous streets of inner-city Mexico to the wilds of the Honduran jungles in order to find their freedom. But with liberty just on the horizon, the cost might come at their own redemption.

Review: Kirsty Lander:

description

"On one side of me was Camden McQueen on the other was Javier Bernal. 
One more light than dark, one more dark than light."

GAH! What a crazy ride this series has been. I have to give Karina Halle credit here, how the hell has she released not one, two.. but 4 incredible books in such a short space of time? As well as all the other series she has written. Amazing. 

I have to just start off by saying this was by no means my favourite book out of the series. I did enjoy it, it did have me on the edge of my seat, but at the same time, I felt that parts of it were too much, a little unrealistic and often I found myself thinking who are these characters? Almost as if they had changed and transformed in to these strangers that I didn't know. That was my negative, they were the few issues that I had. Aside from that, I had no idea what to expect from Bold Tricks, after all, what we have already read in the series has been one crazy scenario after the other, and now all of a sudden Camden and Javier on the same team? How was this going to work? I wasn't sure.. would I still be Team Camden, or would I be swayed over to the dark side? I wasn't sure, but I knew I was freaking excited to find out for sure.

As for the characters themselves, once again I was IN. LOVE. ♥ I am 100% Team Camden, BUT I can not deny the fact that I do also love Javier a little lot. There is just something about him and his filthy, dirty mouth that I love. On his own, away from Ellie.. I would totally be Team Javier, but for the purpose of this story and series? Nuhuh.. I am all for Camden. There's just no competition for me.

description
A lot of this book shocked and surprised me.. as well as some bits being a little predictable. The drama was off the charts. Every page there was something happening whether that be someone dying, secrets being revealed or Cam and Ellie rekindling their love. Oh yes those scenes were my favourites. Although I may have complained about there being too much drama at times, I have to say that not once whilst I was reading was I ever bored. I didn't ever want to put the book down, only when I had to.
"I fucking need you and I need you to forgive me. 
I need that more than anything in the world! I need you to make me good."

I feel kind of.. um sad, dissatisfied? with the end of this book as series. Yes Ellie's story may be over, and she may have the ending I feel like she deserved after all the crap life has dealt her. But it felt to me like there was still many things left unfinished and I was left wondering what happened to certain characters. I just wanted more. 
description

I have my own issues with the editing of this book but I appreciate that that is a publisher problem, not down to Karina. I find it really hard to believe that this book went through any kind of editing process, and I'm baffled as to how so many errors slipped through in to the final book. In the Amazon UK version anyway.
I rated "Bold Tricks" 4 Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment