Thursday 17 October 2013

Review: JB Salsbury's "Fighting for Flight."

@KirstyLBooks    
Review: JB Salsbury's "Fighting for Flight."

~4.5 Hearts review: Kirsty Lander ~

Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/16FctxI
Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1gB8eXM

Synopsis

What happens when in order to win, you’re forced to lose?

The only daughter of an infamous Las Vegas pimp, Raven Morretti grew up an outsider. Liberated from the neglectful home of her prostitute mother, she finds solace as a mechanic. With few friends, she’s content with the simple life. Flying under the radar is all she knows, and more than she expects.

Until she catches the eye of local celebrity, UFL playboy Jonah Slade. 

Weeks away from his title fight, Jonah is determined to stay focused on everything he’s trained so hard to achieve. Undefeated in the octagon, he’s at the height of his career. But resisting Raven’s effortless allure and uncomplicated nature is a fight he can’t win. 

Jonah trades in his bad-boy reputation and puts his heart on the line. But when her father contacts her, setting in motion the ugly truth of her destiny, Jonah must choose. In a high-stakes gamble where love and freedom hang in the balance, a war is waged where the price of losing is a fate worse than death.

Will the hotheaded Jonah be able to restrain his inner fighter to save the woman he loves? 

Or will Raven be forced into a life she’s been desperate to avoid?

Review: Kirsty Lander: 

description

The characters in this book were so refreshing and I struggled to find just one thing I didn't like about them, especially Raven. Being the daughter of a pimp and a prostitute and therefore going through life alone in the world you'd expect there to be something about her to rile you, but there was nothing. She didn't have a 'poor me' attitude and she certainly wasn't a whiney bitch. A mechanic with a heart of gold just crying out to be loved.

"Jonah Slade asks for a sleepover, the answer is always yes. It's in the handbook."

Jonah 'The Assassin' Slade. Hot freaking stuff. All he cares about in life is fights, his guys and getting his next girl. "This isn't a date. This isn't an all night sexual rendezvous. This is simple: Itch. Scratch." and that pretty much sums up his love life. Until Raven. It doesn't take long for feelings to emerge and before we know it Raven and Jonah are both engaging in their first relationships. What started as a friendship soon turns fiery and passionate and into a beautiful relationship, not without it's struggles.
"So this is love. 
My life will never be the same."

The past soon comes back to bite them in the ass and before we know it, there is quite literally a matter of life and death to overcome. One thing in particular I absolutely loved about this book was that I had absolutely no idea how it was going to end right until I got there. I knew what was waiting for them if they failed and I was petrified! 

"Fighting gave me my breath, but you brought me back to life."

All in all this was a truly fantastic read and I'm so excited for the rest of this series. The next story is about Blake, Jonah's best friend, and I just know it isn't going to disappoint. With lines like "If I flip a coin, what are the chances I'll get head?" I am certain we are in for another great book. 
description
♫ "Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby, I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby, I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away" ♫
I rated "Fighting to Flight" 4.5 Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment